Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Works-In-Progress

Works-In-Progress Help for any authors or musicians seeking constructive criticism.

Old 01-30-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns
Default Conquest Destiny - A music project

So basically my friend was talking about this professional composer who used to come up with video games and then write soundtracks for them. I decided for my own personal development to try it. I came up with a rather difficult idea, so as I go along I want to share it with you guys. Basically I want to write music for a strategy game where you play as different countries of history. The challenge here is correctly emulating their styles. Here's the list of tracks I've come up with so far that I need to write.

Menu Theme - finished - http://www.mediafire.com/?1m3edndxxa3
Battle Theme
China
Japan
France
England
Spain
Russia - WIP - http://www.mediafire.com/?btgzejiiyoy (2/07)
Egypt
Iraq

I plan on adding more countries that I can think of. Any good ideas I would appreciate a lot.

I'm currently working on Russia, it's pretty difficult. I'm currently set up with a trio of instruments: Mandolin (couldn't get a balalaika soundfont >.<), bass, and accordion. I expect Iraq and the Asian countries to be the hardest.

I'm using mediafire for hosting. Does anyone know of a better service? Will this one stay forever?

Last edited by Alexander; 02-07-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 02-01-2008

Norway Equiliari
Child of Ra
 Equiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightenedEquiliari has become enlightened

Menu theme is nice and fitting. It does the job. Maybe add some percussion drums, marching military ones
The russian one is a bit tricky... its not something I would classify as RTS music, try a more calm rythm perhaps. Make it more ambient like. Its also a bit too cheerful to be battle music.

But its a great idea... might have to try that myself

Last edited by Equiliari; 02-01-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Equiliari has 193 Posts

"What your eyes see and ears hear, the mind believes. But eyes and ears alike can be deceived, only the mind alone can know true reality"

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Well each of the countries own music is just going to be playing during non-battle civilization management kind of situations. Plus I want a good excuse to write funky traditional music for all the different kinds of countries. ^_^ Here's an update on the Russian theme.

There's a slow part now after the fast part. I may switch around the order. I also improved the sound with some reverb and tweaked some volume stuff in the melodies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?btgzejiiyoy

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 02-09-2008

United States papa_tassy
Alcohol is my anti-drug
 papa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatnesspapa_tassy has ascended to greatness

Any type of heavy metal will work well for Japan, punk for England.... I think that would work for those 2 at least

papa_tassy has 7,270 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to papa_tassy Send a message via MSN to papa_tassy