Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 05-20-2007

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all
Default Re: Winged Zerlings

I personally like the look of the old zerglings better.

wow.... BF and SCL really really need to switch hosts... every 10 mins the site goes down for 2.

Last edited by XBSHX; 05-20-2007 at 07:52 PM.
XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 05-21-2007

South Africa raylito
BF Member
 raylito can only hope to improve

I prefer the old zerglings. I would say that the wings must be an upgrade, and not a given.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

It could be more balanced if at Lair or Hive level you could evolve a normal zerglings in a baneling or in a "wingling", making that a wingling (that could jump over cliffs) can't morph in baneling.

Naturally the morphing of the ling in a baneling or in a wingling have to cost some resources as is when you morph a hydra in a lurker

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Vatican City State Lorde
BF Member
 Lorde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thNazgul View Post
It could be more balanced if at Lair or Hive level you could evolve a normal zerglings in a baneling or in a "wingling", making that a wingling (that could jump over cliffs) can't morph in baneling.

Naturally the morphing of the ling in a baneling or in a wingling have to cost some resources as is when you morph a hydra in a lurker
I think the wingling (I like the sound of it) will be a upgrade like Zealot leg upgrade, but tier2.

To people worried about "imbalance", I think the old game of holding the chokepoint and turtling is gone. You guys go crazy about winglings, but isn't diferent from a single Prism summoning a dozen of zealots at the back of your base.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

South Africa raylito
BF Member

There will be no more chokepoints and strategic positions like in SC1 - due to all the teleporting. I hope these transport things are limited...

Last edited by raylito; 05-21-2007 at 11:00 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member
 10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen10thNazgul is a model citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
I think the wingling (I like the sound of it) will be a upgrade like Zealot leg upgrade, but tier2.

To people worried about "imbalance", I think the old game of holding the chokepoint and turtling is gone. You guys go crazy about winglings, but isn't diferent from a single Prism summoning a dozen of zealots at the back of your base.

I hope only that wingling can't jump over your cliff, morph in near indistructible eggs for some seconds, then roll as banelings against your buildings...

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

South Africa raylito
BF Member

A suggestion is that a zergling could fuse with a scourge and develop wings.

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Vatican City State Lorde
BF Member
 Lorde is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thNazgul View Post
I hope only that wingling can't jump over your cliff, morph in near indistructible eggs for some seconds, then roll as banelings against your buildings...
Given the amount of damage a baneling can do, and the HP of a building, you think this would be a viable tactic? The player will spend a lot of money of this and you can just re-build your building after...

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

South Africa raylito
BF Member

They will most likely make it morph into either a wingling or a baneling not both.

The terrans have those jetpack marines though..

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Portugal sak3r
BF Member
 sak3r is an unknown quantity at this point

y flying zerglings would suck i'd prefer if they just used claws to climb the cliffs there's no reason why the cant. like ants or cockroaches. maybe they could hold on to flying zerg units and use the wings to float when they jump off =)

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Italy 10thNazgul
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylito View Post
They will most likely make it morph into either a wingling or a baneling not both.

The terrans have those jetpack marines though..
Yes I like if zergling can evolve in a wingling OR in a baneling.. not a wingling morph in a baneling too...
as a mutalisk could morph in a guardian or in a devourer, but a devourer can't morph in a guardian or viceversa

It seems that banelings have increased armor (they take more damage from Colossus in the video).
However, if you could morph a large army of zergling into beneling after they jump the cliff and reached the enemy base, that base will be likely wiped out. In this case no matter if you spent something for them... (I don't think that it could cost more than 50min/50gas to get a baneling)

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...
Default Zerglings have little wings?

If you watch that new high quality gameplay video it looks as though the zerglings have wings that help them unburrow and "leap" a little bit. Am I just imagining most of this or do they really have weak wings?

Oh and btw. The Protoss advisor dood said en taro Tassadar!!! HAAHAHA! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 05-21-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Faufnir
BF Member
 Faufnir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zerglings have little wings?

Yes, they have small wings, not large enough to allow them to fly around, but rather make large jumps and such.

Let's go; the sea is waiting for us!
The vastness of the sea is calling to us, and the tides!

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

Canada countchocula86
Chocolate God
 countchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of wincountchocula86 is made of win

Cough, already a thread about this *halo*

countchocula86 has 1,599 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 05-21-2007

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

In the new gameplay trailer? I noticed this inn low quality shit trailers LOA. What happened to you taunting us about not knowing ?

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif