Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 12-16-2006

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...
Default Re: Tales of Avarice (Open RpG)

Jenova watched it all through her mind's eye. She shuddered as she heard and felt the hands of death close in around others in the same complex. What a waste of life she thought. But now it was her time. Her team had arrived right behind the other armed men and were hiding in the shadows, ready to help her steal off into the night. With killer speed she calmed herself and felt herself grow cold, insubstantial, her powers were awakening... She wasn't turning invisible - she was just making it so no one would notice her. They were all to busy in their own little world. She was a mid-level powered Awakened and sometimes these exercises taxed her strength. Her father told her that her potential was infitite - she just didn't have the focus, yet... The elders could - if fully acutely aware, stop time for brief periods of time - but only the masters attained that... And every time they did that all of that time that was stopped - kept moving, it just found a new receptacle, the weilder. Casters normally didn't survive long after all that stacked time hit them... Only 2 in the history of her race could do it at will, and live - the lucky only aged 40 or so years at once - it was lucky her race was long lived... But she needed focus, she gathered her thoughts and silently she slithered down the beams of the dock and entered the area with the target. Apparently the commotion really never stopped for some people as there were guns, blast marks, and too many people. She saw the target and proceeded to try to get to her. But wait - there was someone else in the room with telepathic abilities, someone that could see her!

~LoA

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 12-16-2006

United States Randomdevon
Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

--==(Character2)==--

The others looked stunned. They glanced at each other, then at me. I pulled the trigger twice, and killed both of them. Empty shells fell blew out of the chamber of the gun, clattering to the ground. They were all dead. I stood, and reloaded the gun with shells from Dad's pocket. I no longer truely thought. I was simply a passenger in my own mind, backseat to some other force. Instinct had taken over. I moved throughout the apartment methodically, searching for something I suspected was there. I found it. A large key-code locked case under the bed. I unlcocked it, but I have no idea how I knew the passcode. Must have been subconscious. Placing the case on the bed where I could reach it, I opened it. Inside was a treasure trove of weaponry. Holsters, guns, grenades, kevlar, helmets, knives, daggers, swords, tazers... everything. And I knew, somewhere in the back of my mind... that it was meant for me all along. Everything fit me perfectly. Literally, I was dressed to kill. And that's just what I was going to do...

--==(Character1)==--

I saw the girl. Great, I thought, just one more contender in this strange battle. I wondered what her objective was here. Seemed like everyone had one. Keeping the gun trained on the Hunter, I drew another small derenger pistol from within my jacket. I set my feet wide, ready for whatever was about to come. I glanced behind me, to see how Vince and Amelia were doing. They seemed to be having problems with the rope. I turned back to the girl and the Hunter, dividing my attention evenly. Something was going to happen, some catalyst that would cause all hell to break loose in this apartment. It was going to be a long night to say the least.

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia coughed loudly as her heartrate kept speeding up.

They were at a stalemate. No one wanted to move or breathe for fear of instant death. Amelia looked about the room. Something didn't feel quite right. Something was out of place.

Looking at the door, she could see the faint outline of a woman. Amelia could feel an unwelcome presence, even more so than everyone else who had intruded.

Turning to Vince, she nodded her head to the door. "Do you feel that? That presence? It's a woman. Cloaked. Obviously talented. Can we get rid of her?"

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Meghan Send a message via MSN to Meghan  

Old 12-16-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

Though Trent had ruled the brain for some time, Vinc continued to waken. A fusing quickly merged the two together, forcing Them to act as both hand and sword, eye and mind.

Amelia insisted on calling Them Vinc; no matter. They were Vinc just as much as They were Trent. Trent, Vinc - those names were just designations to Them, forms of distinguishing others via communication.

No matter. Their emotions had been fluctuating since the restoration of Their mind - the air had grown thick, stale, balanced. Nobody wanted to tip the scale, just for the sake of hoping they'd get the best hand. Trent/Vinc was only armed with Sam - Jude still lay on the floor. As They contemplated jumping over just to get it, Amelia whispered, "Do you feel that? That presence? It's a woman. Cloaked. Obviously talented. Can we get rid of her?" She nodded her head to the door.

Funny, They could not see something there. But something was there - something that fed off of Their guilts. Demons from within Them sounded their voices as trumpets do, and They cringed. Whatever was there, They could not stand. They still felt unprotected without Jude and Sam working together. But something had to be done. Quickly, before madness killed Them.

Last edited by Reservoir; 12-16-2006 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Minor edit.
Reservoir has 912 Posts

"Those who always listen do not experience everything."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyGal View Post
God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-16-2006

Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

--==(Character2)==--

As I stepped out of the apartment, fully outfitted with the contents of the locker, I noticed that there was a door open further down the hall. A man stood in the doorway, and I could almost make out several others in the room. No matter. My buisiness was upstairs. I began to walk. My father had hidden it in a room other than his own. He'd known that they'd find him eventually, and he was smart enough not to hide it in his own house.

Desert Eagle in hand, I began to walk upstairs. That's where it was hidden. I had no idea what exactly it was, but it had to be important. Had to be if those men had killed my father for it. I heard a creak on the stairs above me. Crouching down low, I snuck slowly up the stairs. I could see him, facing away from me. In his hand he held an automatic weapon. Holstering the magnum, I silently crept up behind him and placed my hands on the base of his neck. With a sharp twist and an audible crunching of bones, I broke the man's neck with one jerk. Leaving the corpse on the ground, I continued on down the hall, exactly 1 floor above my room. Going further along the cooridor, I saw the room I wanted. Opening thje door, I was too late. They were everywhere. All over the apartment. Armed guards and men with weapons, all searching through the apartment. They hadn't noticed me... yet. I drew the Desert Eagle, along with it's twin, from identical side holsters and aimed. The two nearest thugs had their heads blown against the walls by the powerful handguns. I fired until the clips were empty, blowing away more of the petty vermin who had murdered my father. Dropping the empty guns, I drew the combat shotgun from its place strapped to my thigh. Pulling the trigger, I pumped it and fired again. Repeat. I fired it empty and they were all dead. Didn't even have a chance to react, most of them killed with their guns half out of their holsters. Picking up the pistols from the floor, I stuffed them, empty, back into their holsters. I left the shotgun on the floor.

A quick search of the apartment found me what I was looking for. A single small silver briefcase, hidden inside a cavity in the wall. Turning to go, I stopped. A timer counted down the remaining seconds. The case had been booby-trapped. Electrical charges poised to detonate five pounds of explosives packed into the floors.

Damn.

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.
 Meghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than youMeghan has a much bigger e-peen than you

Amelia gasped. The noticeable sounds of fire fight above them cracked through the air and everyone stopped breathing momentarily. Leaning forward, Amelia strained as she tried to pull her hands down her back side so she could slide them under her. Groaning in pain, she felt her right shoulder pop out of joint, but she managed to create more room to move the cuffs to her knees and then from her ankles, her arms were released. At least she could move a little better now.

Amelia stood up, looking about the room. Everyone was still and you could hear the sounds of shouting and footsteps. The rest of the people in the room were so entranced by what was going on above them, they forgot what was going on in the very same room.

Amelia looked down at Vince and whispered "We have to get out of here. I have a bad feeling about this." Looking up, Amelia noticed now that all eyes were on her. She had been so worried about what was going on in other sections of the complex that she hadn't even realized what she had done. She had brought herself out in the open for all to take.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-17-2006

United States LordofAscension
Rule Through Vengence
 LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...LordofAscension must really think internet = serious business...

Jenova knew there was something terribly wrong about this situation - someone else could see her! Only a telepath could do that - luckily for her - she couldn't detect the focus required to master that power. Still, things were bad.

"We're in position" whispered the com. That was good; things were getting to sticky for her to do this on her own. So she made a choice that would likely have awful consequences for her day job with the Second Command - but she was desperate and she knew it. Things like this weren't supposed to happen to her. So she did one of the only things she could without taxing her telepathic powers and there was someone else who could see her. And for that matter she didn't particularly want to kill all of them either. Her com connected her right to the Second Command and without waiting for the security prompts she overrode the system and in doing so calling upon primitive weapon installed by the original colonists used to subdue crowds. It wasn't used anymore, which was good since no one would be expecting it. Although it would hurt - even her - she didn't currently have the skill to block it without seriously jepordizing her life.

"Activate the nueronal net for this block - authorization delta 617 cattal!"

It was time to go. She lept at the woman and brought her crashing down. Quickly she covered her ears as tightly as she could.

Phwooooooooooosh. It was little more than a whisper, but chaos resumed as the sound ripped through the block - effecting everything. It seemed to last a lifetime - even for Jenova who knew it was coming. For her it was excruitiating; her body was completely unharmed, to most humans it would have simply knocked them unconcious as their bodies returned to a state similar to a cucoon as they tried to protect themselves, unless there was something "special" about them. However, she was a Draxian, and an acutely attuned one at that; her mind raged as it tore itself to pieces and tried to pick them back up. She hoped help was coming - or at the very least not everyone in this room wouldn't end up being hostile to her or her intentions... And so she fought to regain focus - the cornerstone of her life.

LordofAscension has 6,163 Posts

Beloved.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LordofAscension  

Old 12-17-2006

United States Traken
Viking Pillager
 Traken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than you

Lenton winced when the neural block kicked on, his cyberbrain's firewall kicking into high gear. Apparently, that 'illegal' upgrade was worth it. What the hell is the Second Command doing involved in this??

As the woman atop Amelia seemed to be struggling with the block, Lenton took his chance. Diving at the two women, he put his shoulder into the new individual, shoving her clear, and grabbed Amelia's leg. With his gloved left hand, he slapped the ground in between himself and her and grinned.

A loud, bass whump signaled the disintegration of the portion of the floor the two were laying on, sending them plummeting to the floor beneath them. With an oof, he landed next to the stunned Amelia and screwed his eyes shut, kicking his firewall up a notch to get rid of that nagging pressure in his mind from the block.

Shaking his head, he stood, scooped up Amelia, and bolted out the door and down the hall, the still shocked occupants of the apartment still staring at the floor where they landed.

Traken has 6,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbet
I don't give an oodnadatta if you can't gundagai my uluru. Feel pitjanjatjara to wolloomoolloo my wingecarribee.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Traken Send a message via MSN to Traken Send a message via Yahoo to Traken 

Old 12-17-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

Amelia, shocked and dismayed at the goings on couldn't do anything but lay still. Her ears were ringing again from the loud stun, and she felt the floor beneith her crumble as the hunter once again used his glove. Amelia hit the next level down, hard. Her eyes were blurry and watering and the fall had knocked with wind out of her. Coughing loudly, trying to draw some air in her lungs, she could taste a small amount of blood in her mouth. Jesus! What else could go wrong today?!

Before she could even speak, the hunter had her in his arms and was running down the hall. Trying to move only made him hold tighter, and eventually, she gave up. He has to let go of me, sometime, she thought as she listened to his heavy footsteps on the concrete walkway.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-17-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium
 Reservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightenedReservoir has become enlightened

As the screaming sound increased in his mind, Trent doubled over, his mind returning to boot camp, shortly after they had been rebuilt into better soldiers.

"TRAINEES!", the instructor had said. "You will be faced with all types of weapons, both physical and non! And IF YOU BREAK by them, you WILL DIE BY THEM! IS THIS UNDERSTOOD, TRAINEES!?" In unison, including Trent, they replied, "YES SIR!"

Closing his mind, the sound continued to nag him. However, the demons of his soul almost disappeared. As the sound continued, the BOOM of the Hunters weapon suddenly emerged from the chaos. As loud as it was, however, it 'twas only a peep in Trent's ears.

Had he not been able to see the floor beneath the Hunter and Amelia disappear, he wouldn't have responded. Furiously, he leaned over the hole quickly. His eyes flashed with anger as he saw the Hunter bolting out the doorway below them. Confusion and shock set in - Another one failed, Trent? - but he shook those from him. Jumping over the couch, he grabbed his holsters, slung them on quickly, and as he bolted out his doorway he slipped Jude, ever gracefully, into his left hand.

Now as complete as he could be, Trent, shirtless and coatless, ran after the two. Clearing his mind, he moved his muscles faster, as his heartbeat increased to nearly 200+ beats per minute - hardly a healthy heart rate...for a normal human, anyway.

He could start to hear noises ahead of him as he bolted onto the concrete outside. Good. He was getting closer. An evil grin crossed is face. Not this time, O' Lady Fate...someone else shall fail today. Moving with incredible speed, he raced after those sounds.

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Reservoir Send a message via Yahoo to Reservoir 

Old 12-17-2006

Broken
 Randomdevon doesn't suck

--==(Character1)==--

A wave of pain ripped through my head, and I crumpled to the floor. Clutching my head in my hands, I curled into a ball, writhing in pain. The agony tore what little resolve I had left into shreds. I could feel my mind going to pieces. Already I could feel it rising. Struggling against the pain, I searched through my coat and brought out a small container of pills. The meds had helped me so far. I only hoped that they would act fast enough before I hurt someone. Opening the container, I gazed at it in dismay. My last chance was gone. Nothing could save me now. I had worked so hard, trying to make up for what I had done, trying to get over the sadness, trying to mantian control of my affliction. Too late...

The pain receded, and I stood. The empty container fell from my hand, rolling away across the floor. God help me...

Holstering the derenger, I checked my pistol and assessed the situation. The Hunter was gone, along with Amelia. Seemed as if Vince had gone after them. I felt no emotion at this. Who cared? Who were they, but some petty people I had met only today. I didn't care about their fate. The others lay about the room, in varying states of pain. There was only two of them. The girl, and the guy. I asked myself, "What am I going to do?"

Only the madness answered.

pm.gif   

Old 12-17-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

Amelia, had stopped struggling and was just along for the ride. Either way, she was going to die. It was time to accept fate for what it was and just let it be.

She had just about completely given up when she saw Vince running after them. Her eyes scrunched, and a small smile rolled across her lips, and she felt the urge to fight again.

Wiggling her entire body, she tried to free herself from the hunters grip, but it only got tighter. She could feel her arms start to go numb as his grip was so tight no blood could flow to them. Grunting, Amelia let out a sigh and latched on to his neck with her teeth.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts

Old 12-17-2006

United States Traken
Viking Pillager
 Traken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than youTraken is clearly better than you

Lenton yelled out when Amelia bit down, wasting no time to place the barrel of his pistol against the back of her head.

"Off. Now."

Sighing through her nose, Amelia let off his neck, traces of blood dripping from where she bit. He brought his weapon down off her head.

"You're making this far more difficult than it needs to be, you know," he growled. "The less you resist, the less likely you are to get injured."

Rounding the corner, Lenton kicked through the back door to the complex and ran the last few steps to his vessel, the front and rear doors opening as he arrived. With a grunt of irritation, he tossed Amelia roughly into the sealed off rear of the ship and closed the hatch, securing her inside.

Turning back quickly, he ripped off two shots at the door, flooding the entryway with charged plasma. Scowling, he hopped into the driver's seat and kicked the drives into high, rocketing off into the night air.

Traken has 6,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbet
I don't give an oodnadatta if you can't gundagai my uluru. Feel pitjanjatjara to wolloomoolloo my wingecarribee.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Traken Send a message via MSN to Traken Send a message via Yahoo to Traken 

Old 12-18-2006

United States Reservoir
In need of a Sanitarium

Trent was within a reasonable shooting distance when the Hunter rounded a corner. Following closely, Trent found himself navigating the maze of corridors as best he could. By the time he arrived at the bay, the Hunter's ship was lifting off. For a moment, Trent's soul seemed to burn away with the Hunter's fuel as the craft graced its way out of the bay.

He shook himself quickly - there was no time to babble about lost causes, especially not if they weren't lost. Wasting no time, he knew the vessel was most likely capable of handling his handgun rounds, so he ran over to the next closest bay - revealing a light runner-craft. She was no Cadence II, but she would have to do. The Cadence II didn't have any fuel.

After a few hurried moments of beating the shit out of the controls, he overrode the security systems. Firing up her plasma-based impulse drives, both streaked off, following the sensor trail of the Hunters' much-larger craft. He hoped to whatever god's truly existed that he wasn't shot out of the sky by the Hunter...all he needed to do was get close enough...

Reservoir has 912 Posts

Quote:
DOOM Forever!
||Xanga||

Old 12-18-2006

United States Meghan
I'll google your yahoo.

Amelia landed with a grunt as her head hit the side of the tiny room she was in. Laying against the wall, she took another deep breath and wiped the blood from her mouth. Looking up through the glass wall, she watched as the hunter brought the vessel off the ground. Amelia looked down at her wrists and noticed the dried blood around her wrist joint where the skin had been rubbed raw.

"You know, for all of this trouble your putting me through, you could at least tell me your name." Amelia paused, waiting for an answer. None came.

"Why are you doing this anyways? Is it just for the money?" Amelias voice started to quiver a bit as she spoke. She watched as the world just passed her by because she knew it was the end.

"Do you know that they want to kill me? Not because of something I did, but because of something they did to my father. They poison him without his knowledge, he comes home and he and my mother make me, and then he dies, alone, in a hospital. And now, they want me. They want to drain my blood. Torture me. Keep me alive just enough to make more blood. My blood is the pure bioweapon. They used to have to make it themselves. Why make it when they have a better version of it stored in me?" Amelia started sobbing. She didn't want to die. She knew she would be living, hooked up to a machine that systematically took most of her blood, leaving enough to keep her making more blood, but in reality, she would already be dead.

Meghan has 9,701 Posts