Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-17-2008

United States Eli
Surgeon General's Warning
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

I thought it was obvious at first glance that I'm a terrible player =/

Zolf. Your gear. Arena more or something =P

Eli has 2,112 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Eli  

Old 01-17-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Zolf
¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?
 Zolf is on a distinguished road

I know but nor me or my partner have time to play arena so we basically play like 20 games a week :S

pm.gif   

Old 01-17-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I'm talking generally more AB kinda things. And while a warlock can dump dots on every target and do more damage, which person are you more appreciative of- the warlock doting everything to kill them, or the warrior with 39 kbs because he has execute and his enemy nameplates turned on.
You can drop a dot on something and not neccesarily kill it...

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 01-19-2008

United States Eli
 Eli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatnessEli has ascended to greatness

But if he's doing more damage than that warrior, then he's not just "dropping a dot", he's dotting the hell out of everything and everyone.

A warrior can run in, pop Sweeping Strikes, whirlwind, and if you include the white damage and cleaves he's getting while in the midst of shit, he's doing massive- massive- damage.

Throw a warrior a healer, and if you're ever *not* top of Damage Done, you just aren't good. Or the healers really, really, really bad.

Or the warlock in question is phenomenal.

Lots of variables. In the end, my opinion is that a good warrior will beat a good warlock on damage meters. In anything other than AV, that is.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

Old 01-19-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Step 1) Find a group of people assaulting or defending
Step 2) Cast Seed of Corruption + another dot on everything you see
Step 3) Laugh maniacally as your damage skyrockets

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 01-19-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Zolf
¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
But if he's doing more damage than that warrior, then he's not just "dropping a dot", he's dotting the hell out of everything and everyone.

A warrior can run in, pop Sweeping Strikes, whirlwind, and if you include the white damage and cleaves he's getting while in the midst of shit, he's doing massive- massive- damage.

Throw a warrior a healer, and if you're ever *not* top of Damage Done, you just aren't good. Or the healers really, really, really bad.

Or the warlock in question is phenomenal.

Lots of variables. In the end, my opinion is that a good warrior will beat a good warlock on damage meters. In anything other than AV, that is.
You theorycraft too much.

Dont.

pm.gif   

Old 01-19-2008

Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Seriously... in AB you wont beat a hunter and in AV you wont beat a warlock. Unless you massively outgear everybody in the BG and have a couple healbots.

pm.gif   

Old 01-19-2008

¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?

Haha I've beaten hunters in AB and warlocks in AV without healbots and they are equal/better geared than me.

pm.gif   

Old 01-19-2008

Voting independent

Then they are horribad. I am talking about damage and not kills btw, just to make sure we are on the same topic.

pm.gif   

Old 01-19-2008

Canada Graeme
AKA Radlin
 Graeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Then they are horribad. I am talking about damage and not kills btw, just to make sure we are on the same topic.
They may be terribad too.

TRD is right though. It is not possible to beat these classes in damage in their respective BGs if they are semi-competent and well-geared. But none of this matters, because WoW is only balanced for 3v3 and 5v5 arenas, amirite?

Graeme has 3,172 Posts

- Radlin, The Pineapple, Graeme, etc.

pm.gif   

Old 01-20-2008

¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Yes...dmg. It's silly to say that hunter's are the top dmg class in AB or some shit like that. Shamans, mages, rogues, warriors and warlocks can put the same numbers easily.

pm.gif   

Old 01-20-2008

United States Eli

Ranged tends to top AB solely for the reason that they can sit in the back and get more damage in than the normal warrior. A warrior has to charge in and do what they need to do. A hunter on the other hand can hide behind a meat shield and healers and get what they need to get off. It's difficult to beat someone who's talented and ranged in AV.

In the others, it's an almost entirely different matter. People focus more, and healers tend to stick to a well geared warrior because they understand they havoc they can wreak.

I theorycraft a whole hella lot =P It's part of what makes me think of random ass strats.

Eli has 2,112 Posts

Old 01-20-2008

¿PORQUE NO TE CALLAS!?

I did 3 AB's between yesterday and today.

3rd on damage, 5th on KBs

2nd on damage, 6th on KBs

1st on damage, 1st on KBs. (more deaths too haha)

Top damage class were: Mages, Hunters, Warlocks, Shamans and Warrior(ME muahahaha)

Last edited by Zolf; 01-21-2008 at 01:34 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-23-2008

Voting independent

Hunters..... lol..... nearly 200DPS as BM at 38... excluding pet damage and without using any cooldowns. I cant wait 10 more levels so I can stop using this old bow (using harpyclaw still...) and I get to use the awesomeness that is hurricane with a +7 scope.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hunterlol.jpg (201.4 KB, 12 views)

pm.gif   

Old 01-24-2008

United States Eli

Pre-BC Sexiness.

Eli has 2,112 Posts