Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-27-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

cat druids start out strong dpswise (we had a fresh 80 in quest greens and blues hit 4 on the dps meter on our 10 man Naxx a few weeks back, granted he was getting rogue gear the whole run but still :P), but they don't scale near as well as other dps do.

Last edited by Blackhand; 01-27-2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: clarification

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 01-27-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhand View Post
cat druids start out strong dpswise (we had a fresh 80 in quest greens and blues hit 4 on the dps meter on our 10 man Naxx a few weeks back, granted he was getting rogue gear the whole run but still :P), but they don't scale near as well as other dps do.
all of our gear IS rogue gear now. They've dropped druid-leather and just given us rogue leather. lol.

Another con to kitty dps is that while possible, the rotation is incredibly complex.

The cons for tanking though is that bears don't have a place it and forget it threat bomb (DND/Consecration/Clap). We do have swipe and double-maul though, and apparently bears are the highest dps tanks atm, but meh. stupid dps and all that, i've been in drama-fights over dps pulling threat before.

Anyway I think GA's right though, as much as I love kitty form for pvp, the rotation for PVE is just way too complex as far as i'm concerned. besides bear tanking is easy. spam swipe/maul, mangle every few seconds, and keep lacerate up.

first step would be to find a real guild, lol.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-27-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

I wonder of the cat rotation is the same/less/more complex than the Affl lock rotation:
UA (1.5s) > immolate (1.5s) > Haunt (2s) > Agony (instant) > corruption (instant) > SL (instant) > Sbolt (2.5s)
All while watching the timers on all the above dots waiting for them to drop so you can reapply them. All while jumping around like a lunatic like all fights seem to require now. And my guild keeps asking me why I refuse to go affliction. I sincerely hope that kitty is easier than that.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 01-27-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

From what I gather (I don't usually do anymore then mangle spam in pve lawl) is we have to keep the following active (most important to least):

Savage Roar (finishing move)
Rip
Rake
Mangle (the debuff -- if warrior has a trauma then shred)
If those are all up ticking away and you don't have to reapply any, then shred, shred, shred. In the mean time use berserk every time it's up (and shred I would assume).

Also use Tiger's Fury everytime it's up (60 energy every 60 seconds).

I'm sure I'm missing stuff but I've been reading the druid forums pretty regularly and there's been a few posts from druids who've tested rogues (or vice versa) who indicate a druids rotation is annoying.

I imagine a Lock would be easier since you've got the range to apply your dots >.>;;

Anyway don't take my word for it, I've not really done any serious kitty dps except bursting people down in pvp.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-27-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

You're basically dead on, Neo. Several of the Warlock's Affliction spells (notably the instants) require absolutely no orientation or commitment on the part of the Warlock whatsoever. So if something's dropping off, assuming it isn't the big one (Haunt) it can wait until the Warlock reorients himself. Affliction works more like a priority than any sort of hard-and-fast requirements.

Must: Haunt
High: Curse of Agony (any orientation), Corruption (any orientation), UA
When Convenient: SL (any orientation), Immo, SB

Kitty's hitbox is still pretty small, is problematic because if and when the boss does some shitty AoE effect you have to waste time running around and letting buffs fall off.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-27-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Kitty has the most difficult rotation because of the requirement of energy. A warlock can put stuff up whenever he has the chance because of mana. A druid has to wait for energy for most of his attacks, and in some cases requires procs or the use of tigers fury to get the energy needed to keep the rotation up. A kitty kinda screws himself over if he misuses his energy from tigers fury and has to wait the 30 seconds til its up to fix it again :S

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 01-27-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
What!? Our raids bring a kitty druid and hes usually quite high on the meters.
I'm always high on meters as cat, but those fucking morons who run guilds refuse to come out of their pre 2.0 thinking because they are retarded.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Kitty's hitbox is still pretty small, is problematic because if and when the boss does some shitty AoE effect you have to waste time running around and letting buffs fall off.
This is one of the major reasons I'm not into kitty dps. The hitbox for a cat is SO FUCKING SMALL. In PVP it pisses me off with those asswipes that jump around like a two-year-old on a suger high. usually that causes me to blow my cooldowns and disable them into death.

Also Berserk is such a fucking gip. In cat form it's decent, but in bear form popping berserk only to get CC'ed into oblivion is so annoying.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 01-28-2009

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

You should be able to put a pretty good clamp down on those people running and jumping around, Neo. Infected wounds x2 + kitty move bonus + PvP gear move bonus = you can catch pretty much anything. But yeah I've met a few mages especially that jump up and down like crackheads while they're PvPing, and I can only wonder how many keystrokes they're wasting jumping and orienting themselves.

I tried Warlock / Moonkin in Arena, and we got to 1550. It was fairly awesome.

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Speak of Moonkins...

Makes me wanna make a Druid.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

DK Rotations are pretty fucking intense too. You have to really know how to manage your runes, and it's completely different for each spec.

IE mine right now is (Single target)

Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Death Strike -> Heart Strike -> Heart Strike -> Death Coil -> Heart Strike x 4 -> Obliterate rinse and repeat.

If I was specced 51/20/0 though instead of 51/0/20 it would look nothing like that =/

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-28-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Honestly at my low level with very few spells to use from and a lack of comprehension for a proper rotation, I just randomly mash buttons until the target dies.

And it worked. In a BG I was the highest damage dealer surprisingly. Almost everyone in our team was a DK (we were all below level 61 and we were playing AV). Maybe our team sucked, which was indeed a fact when we lost.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-29-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

lol av. my battlegroup doesn't do AV anymore, even when it's the daily and/or it's got bonus honor on weekends. Alliance just ignores it completely. We queue up and theres instantly 40 horde and only 15 alliance.

Not that it's anything special, there are countless times when a BG will start with less alliance then horde (even significantly). I joined a WSG that 2 to 1 for the horde (might have mentioned this) and was even a premade (all ten were from the same realm LOL). Any I pulled out all the stops and ran the flag twice, and I think a DK tagged it in a third time -- it was pretty epic.

But generally EotS, AB, and sometimes WSG, we almost always start with a disadvantage, or we get equal players like within the last 10 seconds before the start. It's really annoying, because it couldn't be that difficult to be like "game start delayed 30 seconds" to wait for enough players.

Oh my favorite though was an AV which we finally got a "not enough players" (apparently 10 vs 40 isn't enough, but 15 vs 40 is ok) and the horde rushed in and won without taking down any towers, which I thought was complete BS. Sort of sad too because I loved playing AV :\

got my Guardian of Cenarius title yesterday

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 01-29-2009

You Want My Shoes?

In 100% honesty, Neo, I cannot understand you.

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2009

You Want My Shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred View Post
DK Rotations are pretty fucking intense too. You have to really know how to manage your runes, and it's completely different for each spec.
Isn't that true for all classes? I don't really know of a class that's "mash one button, get max dps" since 3.0.

pm.gif