Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-23-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I thought the GCD was 1 second for everyone and only certain skills triggered a 1.5 GCD - eg: Bear Mangle?

GA just to clarify when I talked about PvP, or at least at this point, I'm really talking about Arena. Arena is just moronic as far as I'm concerned. However I have a blast during Battlegrounds.

As for rogues vs druids or w/e i don't see that as an issue anymore. One of the problems was that my gear at 80 resulted in more HP, but less armor (seeing as it was basically rogue gear) which hurt Bear form. However after the armor buff to SotF, I'm back up to 28k armor or w/e and that's in pvp gear. I'm also toying with a macro that would blow my trinket and use a free action potion which would then make me immune to stuns, thus completely fucking up a rogue.

Honestly though I find DKs to me more of a nuisance (still) then rogues are. As well as the mages with there bajillion escape buttons (though 240 mana powerfshifting should fix this). Then again spells have always destroyed druids. I've not tested it yet, but apparently Mark of Blood works with DoTs, which is sort of alarming considering the best way I can take down a DK is by opening up with cat bleeds, then disabling them as much as i can while bleeding them down -- not a perfect strat especially with IF being on a one minute cd (WTB Berserk on 1min cd) but it works often enough. Least I don't have to deal with that stupid cowering in fear bs from DND that would cause me to lose my target.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-23-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Rogues, druids in cat form and I believe DK's in a certain presence or something all have a 1 second GCD. Every other class has a 1.5 second GCD. Casters can get haste to reduce the 1.5 sec GCD down to a minimum 1 second, though this requires like 1100 haste.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 01-23-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

From what I read on WoWWiki, certain Druid and Rogue abilities possess the 1s cooldown, the rest act as normal.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-23-2009

Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
From what I read on WoWWiki, certain Druid and Rogue abilities possess the 1s cooldown, the rest act as normal.
All rogue/kitty druid abilities are on 1 sec GCD (except for abilities which are not on the GCD at all, such as kick or barkskin). Note that it is kitty druid, as bear/moonkin/tree/caster form abilities are still 1.5 sec GCD.

pm.gif   

Old 01-24-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

barkskin is off the GCD now, which is cool. opens up some new OH SHI~! macro possibilities.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-24-2009

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Unholy Presence grants a 1 second GCD, 15% movement speed and something else.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-24-2009

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
All rogue/kitty druid abilities are on 1 sec GCD (except for abilities which are not on the GCD at all, such as kick or barkskin). Note that it is kitty druid, as bear/moonkin/tree/caster form abilities are still 1.5 sec GCD.
Yeah that was the confusing part. There are some with a GCD, some with no GCD, and druid forms that imitate Rogue have Rogue-like GCD. Go figure, right?

Regardless, my point stands. Players automatically know they're dealing with stealth as soon as their opponent's team pops out ostensibly short a member. The comment "I always beat Druids easily" based off of a scenario in which A. you're assuming you always get the opener, B. your opponent is unable to respond in any meaningful way in four full seconds, and C. you're playing Druids over 1800 in arena teams, is entirely unconvincing. That's some seriously shitty play.

pm.gif   

Old 01-25-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

patch has seriously buffed me, with the armor boost when I pop bear form + bark + frenzied regen i can last through a pommeling. and whatever they did to DKs i can actually kill them now.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 01-25-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
patch has seriously buffed me, with the armor boost when I pop bear form + bark + frenzied regen i can last through a pommeling. and whatever they did to DKs i can actually kill them now.
what gear do you use?

If feral druids are good at pvp now I'm considering playing wow again, lol.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-25-2009

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
what gear do you use?

If feral druids are good at pvp now I'm considering playing wow again, lol.
Feral is probably the best druid pvp spec. Kitty druids are also quite bursty so they are somewhat strong.

Rake -> Shred -> Tigers Fury -> Shred -> Ferocious Bite is.... well... excruciatingly painful. You can also pounce instead of rake if you have stealth available to you (the key to the whole combo is getting a bleed on the target so FB is basically 100% crit)

pm.gif   

Old 01-25-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Feral is probably the best druid pvp spec. Kitty druids are also quite bursty so they are somewhat strong.
I thought that was resto, noobs always cried about them. I hated how kitties have no chance against warriors.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-25-2009

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
I thought that was resto, noobs always cried about them. I hated how kitties have no chance against warriors.
WotLK changed a LOT of things.

Resto druids are one of the weakest healers for PvP
Warriors are middle of the ground right now, they are really RNG based with sudden death. You probably would go bear to beat them 1v1 still though...

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I've got a macro I modify daily for PVP purposes, though I need to make one specifically for casters to make use of shred.

Basically I pounce > savage roar > rake > Tiger's Fury > mangle > (mangle if OOC manually) > rip

This is all accomplished during Pounces stun give or take another second for the second mangle. Sometimes I do shred, but it depends on placement (the cat's hitbox is still really damn small) -- plus the movement debuff is sometimes more beneficial if the other person is really beefy. Then depending on circumstances I'll pop bear and stun, then pop back into cat to shred/mangle then maim to open up another shred spam.

Anyway Warriors rarely even cause me trouble now, except if they're really decked out (eg: dual Armageddons or w/e those giant things are). Bear form for me is just INSANE. If I want to hold position for a few more moments I'll pop bear, barkskin, SI, and frenzied regen and I'm healed almost to full -- more if I get stunned the few times I've been back in AB I've held areas solo until help can arrive to curb losing them. Though that might be the FR Glyph I swapped in.

Anyway all I can say is that Bear Form is actually not squishy for me anymore -- it's sort of back to what it was during BC where if I went bear form I couldn't be burst down. Rogues aren't trouble anymore, in fact I sometimes specifically don't target the rogue until they stun so as to get the 30% reduced damage to kick in -- i've seen rogue damage in the 200 range which is insane.

Anyway I'm sort of stuck now because I'm not sure whether to focus on Cat DPS (for PVE) or to continue tanking. While I enjoy kitty form, the truth is that our DPS rotation is so complicated I don't know if I'm really up for that.

On the other hand without much gear swapping I'm sitting at 30k armor and 30% dodge which I understand is good for starting heroics. My weapon needs an upgrade though, Since I came back I've been nonstop questing and rep grinding and haven't even ventured into a TFT instance. Heh. Besides PVP is really fun now -- WG was a lot of fun what with the added items (already picked up the anvil and the leather boots).

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 01-26-2009

You Want My Shoes?

Go tank. Kitty DPS isn't great and most serious raiders won't consider it.

pm.gif   

Old 01-26-2009

Voting independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Go tank. Kitty DPS isn't great and most serious raiders won't consider it.
What!? Our raids bring a kitty druid and hes usually quite high on the meters.

pm.gif