Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Why an Obama presidency would benefit the United States more than McCain

This thread focuses purely on international relations so leave domestic politics out of it.

Obama is a new fresh face on the international scene. McCain would simply be seen as another variant of Bush and the last 8 years of disasterous policies which only served to alienate most of the world and at minimum cause embarassment to our ambassadors and diplomats. Let's face it, anyone working overseas for this country just has to shake their head every time Bush gives a speech because it's pretty obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about (ex: "with us or against us.").

I can even see talk about Obama in the Muslim world, his name at least brings credibility to Americas talk about supporting democracy and freedom. The fact that a black man with a name like that is able to be elected to president of the United States restores credibility to our country, and may encourage the voting process in other countries like Iraq for instance. If McCain wins the election I fear that many people around the world will lose faith in the democratic system as a whole.

Other nations would be much more willing to engage in diplomacy with Obama than with Bush or McCain with all of their "tough talk" and "axis of evil" crap. Obama would open up good relations with places like Iran and Syria, and it appears that most of the world would be more open to dialogue with Obama than McCain. He would also improve relations with Russia (instead of sending 3 billion to Georgia).

One downside is that other countries might try to test him and flex more. Some countries might get more bold --but heres the thing-- thats ok! We already have the strongest military in the world and no country poses a threat to us, so even if they get stronger thats completely fine.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 10-31-2008

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

And this is why you fail at life. You're more concerned with our image than our actions There are plenty of countries that value image over action; North Korea, Iran, China, Iraq (pre-2002) etc, etc, etc. I mean, how can you go wrong with this ideal, right?

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 10-31-2008

United States ShadowFox
Semper Fi
 ShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
And this is why you fail at life. You're more concerned with our image than our actions There are plenty of countries that value image over action; North Korea, Iran, China, Iraq (pre-2002) etc, etc, etc. I mean, how can you go wrong with this ideal, right?
You mean they favor action over image...right? I mean I think it is pretty obvious their images are all bad, and they haven't done much to try and change that when it comes to their actions.

ShadowFox has 317 Posts

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So shall it be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh." Roboute Guilliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to ShadowFox Send a message via MSN to ShadowFox  

Old 10-31-2008

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
It's Bush's actions that have directly caused our bad image in the first place, so again you fail at whatever it is you were trying to do, which remains a mystery.

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 10-31-2008

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

"Oh noes! The world doesn't like us, so we must be wrong1!011011!"

Russia and China are wrong for not unilaterally opposing Iran getting nuclear weapons. European diplomacy is failing because they have nothing to back their positions up except the U.S.. Terrorists are targeting every democracy around the globe - bombings in India. It's all Bush's fault.

Syria has already capitulated. Iran is next.

Seriously, you would think this board was just a fire hydrant for DR to piss on about his isolationism. Every post you make is the same, DR, and no one cares anymore. This thread is a dead horse.

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse  

Old 10-31-2008

United States ShadowFox
Semper Fi
 ShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too longShadowFox has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowlessHouse View Post
"Oh noes! The world doesn't like us, so we must be wrong1!011011!"
Did you even read the 1st post? The fact that this is the message you get out of the topic just kind lends credibility to his point. Anyone who does not see diplomacy as a powerful tool to wage war is a complete idiot.

ShadowFox has 317 Posts

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So shall it be for a thousand times a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh." Roboute Guilliman - Primarch of the Ultramarines

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to ShadowFox Send a message via MSN to ShadowFox  

Old 10-31-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
I'm confused, since when were any of these countries intrested in their image? And why is it not ok for China to oppose Iran's nuclear capabilities, while we do nothing to oppose Isreal's?

Do you people honestly think that if Obama gets in office he's going to exist in a vacuum without any advisers?

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-31-2008

BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

Obama has been proven incapable of choosing his associates/friends wisely. Why should we trust his ability to select a cabinet, or ambassadors, or judges?

Old 10-31-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Obama has been proven incapable of choosing his associates/friends wisely. Why should we trust his ability to select a cabinet, or ambassadors, or judges?
This is a lie.

Try again. Or should we discuss McCain's associates? Because I'm pretty sure his list of "suspicious" or "controversial" associations far exceed Obama's.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 10-31-2008

BF Member

It is not a lie.

But go for it, Neo. Your attempts at moral relativism so far haven't worked and they won't work now.

Last edited by WindowlessHouse; 10-31-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: You're , your, w/e

Old 10-31-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Quote:
It is not a lie.

But go for it, Neo. You're attempts at moral relativism so far haven't worked and they won't work now.
It's bullshit is what is. Just as it would be bullshit to try to claim McCain was influenced by his past associates. You fail at creating a coherent argument, and you fail to address anything specific. I would trust someone who had the integrity and honor to run a clean campaign, as evidenced by Obama's recent ad whcih didn't mention McCain once. I'd also trust the person with the least about of lobbyists on staff.

And if that means overlooking a meaningless association with some anti-vietnam radical, then so be it. You people make it sound as if Obama is solely responsible for every single thing done by every single person he may have associated with in the past. Besides I'm sure that Ayer's anti-vietnam attitude was a topic of discussion every single time Obama and He attended those board meetings and the like. I'm sure they never actually discussed anything relative to the present, instead Ayers would wax on crazily about his actions in the 60s, and Obama of course listened to ever word and is even no planning to let in this giant wave of terrorists if he's elected.

It's fucking dirty is what it is, and it's seriously anti-american. You don't put "America first" but dividing it.

It's bullshit, and you've run out of garbage to throw. Do you people lack rational thought?

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 10-31-2008

Quote:
Because he wants to end the Iraq war.

pm.gif   

Old 10-31-2008

Canada Drakain Zeil
erfolg durch qualität
 Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...Drakain Zeil would like to thank all of the little people...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I don't ask my friend, who doesn't give a shit about what he makes of himself, doesn't care about his girlfriend, goes off to smoke pot and drink instead of being responsable.... well, this isn't the guy I ask what to do with my money. I ask my financial advisor, Aurora.

But hey, I guess somehow that doesn't make sense in real life.

Drakain Zeil has 11,867 Posts

Faster than lightning
and high as a kite
Hidden Content:

pm.gif   

Old 11-01-2008

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Obama is untested in such affairs to date, whereas McCain isn't and indeed his pushing for diplomatic relations with Vietnam puts him already a step above bush, or several considering he was a POW there.

pm.gif   

Old 11-01-2008

We already have diplomatic relations with Vietnam. Their president came here and our president went there.

pm.gif   
Closed Thread