Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 08-13-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Video Game Horror Stories

Write down tales of being pwned that are simply too unbelievable to exist.

I had one of those moments today while playing Medieval 2 Total War. I was playing as the Holy Roman Empire (strong but boring, they don't have very many unique units) and the Pope, being a bastard, orders a Crusade on Constantinople, which recently fell to the Mongols.

To those not learned in history, the Mongols struck with the ferocity of a modern day army in an age when most soldiers still fought hand to hand. Huge hordes of bow men on horses allowed for rapid mobility. And that's what I had to face with the slow, but armored infantry of the HRE. I'd rather play as the Spanish against the Mongols (Spanish have a lot of javalin units).

Anyways, I conquer Constantinople, but suffering grievous losses. I can't resupply it (it's surrounded by Mongol territory), but in retrospect, I should've upgraded the city to a castle. Anyways, the various Muslim armies call a Jihad against Constantinople, which I hold. This cannot end well.

The Mongols throw a Jihad army at me, which I easily defeat. Then Tamerlame (uber Mongol dude who started up his own kingdom in Persia) himself shows up at my fucking door, with elephant artillery. That's right, he had fucking elephants with fucking cannons on them. They trample all of my infantry, and I just surrendered. There was no possible way I could've won it, even without the elephants.

Then I lost Milan to the French in the same turn. Fuck that game! I'm going to restart my Spanish campaign (I left it after the Pope excommunicated ME for having war declared against me by the French and the Portuguese. wtf)

I hate it when the developers are too lazy to actually design good AI, and just give it more units/resources to compensate for shitting AI coding.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Join Clan Blizzforums, the only BF Steam Group!

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to JT Send a message via MSN to JT  

Old 08-15-2007

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx
 Starcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something right
Default Re: Video Game Horror Stories

my question is (not to offended anyone) why did u listen to the pope in the first place?

Starcraft2 is finally here...i pretty much wasted 10 years waiting for this game! let see during those 10 years i played 4 years of SC:BW, another 4 years of school and 2 years of ever wondering if they have even considered SC2

pm.gif   

Old 08-15-2007

United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...

Hmm...

Back in the day when some of the Pre-BF gang were all hanging out together, we were playing Team Melee on Acropolis. Me, DarkWolf, and BlackWolf were teamed up against PirateFace, the-bastard, and some random loser named RedCloak.

We picked Zerg as our starter, and were quick to set up a terran expansion, which I managed. We thought we were badasses with our unique army of Queens, Ultralisks, Medics, Tanks, and a few High Templar. We were curious as to why we had seen nothing but protoss units from the other boys. Then we figured it out. Even though I was constantly sweeping the map with my comsat stations, the other team had managed to accrue an army of naught but DARK ARCHONS.

We watched in horror as our own loyal army ravaged our base like a virgin on prom night.

Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.

pm.gif   

Old 08-15-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes
 JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...JT would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft-4-Life View Post
my question is (not to offended anyone) why did u listen to the pope in the first place?
Because if you piss the pope off too much, he'll excommunicate your ass, and then the other Catholic nations will start attacking you, and that is not good. That, and I need to conquer 45 territories to win, and I had only 20 some, and there were 60 turns left (ie, not enough time).

JT has 18,012 Posts

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. -Albert Einstein

Old 08-16-2007

Canada Starcraft-4-Life
∫e^x dx
 Starcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something rightStarcraft-4-Life is obviously doing something right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
Because if you piss the pope off too much, he'll excommunicate your ass, and then the other Catholic nations will start attacking you, and that is not good. That, and I need to conquer 45 territories to win, and I had only 20 some, and there were 60 turns left (ie, not enough time).

ok that shut me up, imagine the pope had this much power in the modern age it make nations tremble

as for my horror story

i was playing a diplomacy game on SC i owned all of europe and africa my enemy was russia he owned the rest of the countries, now i have made a bunker/supply depot/turrets wall between him and me and few openings i heavily defended i was playing for a good 1.5 hours now i didnt go to the washroom at all cause i was hella paraniod, cause he did the same thing built a wall/bunkers turrets/bunker and we have a NAP, no vision ...this is where things can happen in minutes i told my brother was 13 at the time to hold down the fort while i take a dookie..................

................after i came back my country was being invaded, i demanded what the hell happened apparently my bro sent my air force (BC wraiths scoats carriers corsairs)right into his wall and well u guessed it pwned my air force, i was so pissed and after that total war and i ended up loosing because i let my stupid brother took charge

Starcraft2 is finally here...i pretty much wasted 10 years waiting for this game! let see during those 10 years i played 4 years of SC:BW, another 4 years of school and 2 years of ever wondering if they have even considered SC2

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2007

Canada W. Templar
Not a *********
 W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!

I Brought This Upon Myself

I was playing as Zerg against 5 Terrans during a single player game. I constructed a huge army and turtled within my base. I often expect the Terrans to attack my base and have my defenses oblitherate their army, however they never came. I waited and built until finally I reached my build limit. Not wanting to wait any longer, I launched my Zerg swarm against the strongest Terran forces on the map, the yellow group. On my way there, I ordered my units to attack anything that moves. Those Terran, who too have built an enormous army, engaged my forces when I attacked their first outpost. A gigantic battle ensues and my army was destoryed by a combine force of Terran troops. The Terran themselves lost almost everything that they threw at me. Unlike me, they have a reserve forces and I have to rebuild from the ground up.

In the end, I won a pyrrhic victory. The moral of the story is, attack when you have the opportunity, especially against Terrans and their defenses.

W. Templar has 4,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Quixote in my rep comment section after giving me +rep for a Supergirl pic I posted
fap fap fap
Sean Quixote, Supergirl is only 15 years old.

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Templar View Post
The moral of the story is, attack when you have the opportunity,
QFT

That's a problem I have in a lot of games, I like to use the uber-powerful units that are available at the end of the game. However, most of the time the enemy is only interested in beating me as soon as possible, so he'll rush me when I try to tech.

I don't understand why they don't have a strategy game where you start out with tanks and carriers and shit right from the start. It's always "Start out with one piddly worker and a command center and work up from there". Who decided that shit?

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 08-16-2007

Canada W. Templar
Not a *********
 W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!W. Templar is unstoppable!

Quote:
That's a problem I have in a lot of games, I like to use the uber-powerful units that are available at the end of the game. However, most of the time the enemy is only interested in beating me as soon as possible, so he'll rush me when I try to tech.
That was the problem when I play StarCraft sometimes. I launch my swarms against the puny Terran in the name of my Queen Kerrigan and I met minimal resistance and loss. Other Cerebrates even complained that I wasted resources. They destoryed their army trying to breach my defense and they themselves become defenseless.

Quote:
I don't understand why they don't have a strategy game where you start out with tanks and carriers and shit right from the start.
Ok, people will launch their armada and meet another armada and everybody dies. You are left with whatever you have left.

Quote:
It's always "Start out with one piddly worker and a command center and work up from there".
Not always if you play single player campaign.

Quote:
Who decided that shit?
History. Leaders often have to start out with nothing when they want to build an empire. For example, Cyrus the Great have to build Pasargadae in order for the Persian Empire to function. In order to give gamers an authentic feel as to the struggle of leaders, they decided to give you only the bare essentials.

If gamers want to kick ass the monent they start playing, just play with cheats.

Another story was when I was playing BF2. I was on Wake Island pwning Chinese. When America/ I was about to win, some dude on the other side left and the server shifted me to the side of the Chinese to make the side equal. I lose because the server need to balance the team. I went to server's forum to complain and quit the clan that ran the server.

Last edited by W. Templar; 08-16-2007 at 10:31 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Quixote in my rep comment section after giving me +rep for a Supergirl pic I posted
fap fap fap

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Not always if you play single player campaign.
I meant in multiplayer games.

Quote:
History. Leaders often have to start out with nothing when they want to build an empire. For example, Cyrus the Great have to build Pasargadae in order for the Persian Empire to function. In order to give gamers an authentic feel as to the struggle of leaders, they decided to give you only the bare essentials.
So the entire forces of Aiur are not at your command when you are fighting against the Swarm? wtf. Same thing in FPS games; the agency that the player belongs to sends the player into combat with only a pistol or even just a knife.

Quote:
If gamers want to kick ass the monent they start playing, just play with cheats.
Again, not in multiplayer.

Quote:
Another story was when I was playing BF2. I was on Wake Island pwning Chinese. When America/ I was about to win, some dude on the other side left and the server shifted me to the side of the Chinese to make the side equal. I lose because the server need to balance the team. I went to server's forum to complain and quit the clan that ran the server.
I dislike how much one player can affect a FPS game online, especially in CS.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 08-18-2007

Canada W. Templar
Not a *********

Quote:
So the entire forces of Aiur are not at your command when you are fighting against the Swarm? wtf.
Executor, you are not given the entire forces of Aiur because they are needed else where. Just as the evacuation of the civilians, guarding your flank, holding off additional reinforcements...

Quote:
Same thing in FPS games; the agency that the player belongs to sends the player into combat with only a pistol or even just a knife.
Almost nobody expected the portal of hell would open on Mars, therefore nobody will carry a BFG around.

Besides, it is not like you will be fighting the boss the moment you start playing. You will probably be dealing with some cannonfodders. Think about the first part of the original Call of Duty. The first German you enountered was carrying a bolt action rifle, faced away from you, and taking a leak. Do you really need M1 Machine Gun to kill him?

Quote:
What can we do? It is not like we can blame the game for it.

Quote:
fap fap fap

pm.gif   

Old 08-18-2007

United States JT
ur head asplodes

Quote:
Almost nobody expected the portal of hell would open on Mars, therefore nobody will carry a BFG around.

Besides, it is not like you will be fighting the boss the moment you start playing. You will probably be dealing with some cannonfodders. Think about the first part of the original Call of Duty. The first German you enountered was carrying a bolt action rifle, faced away from you, and taking a leak. Do you really need M1 Machine Gun to kill him?
Hell yeah.

I'm thinking like, the first level of Halo. The captain gives you a pistol without any ammo in it, ffs, and that's on a military spaceship that's being boarded. wtf

Quote:
What can we do? It is not like we can blame the game for it.
Yeah, I know. I don't know which is worse, having the games being decided by one really good guy, or team stacking. Especially with no admin around.

JT has 18,012 Posts

Old 08-23-2007

Canada Casius
BF Member
 Casius is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, the first Russian level in Call of Duty.

So we begin on a boat going over a river or canal or whatever going into Stalingrad, or the remains of it anyways. So as we're going across this prick is lecturing us and Stukas are flying over us. Pretty picture. Finally the boat is bombarded right before we get out. Ok, so I wake up, I'm relatively ok. Then I try to get a weapon. No deal, I get stuck with a casing of ammo. THAT'S REAL USEFUL. lol, so anyways that part took my awhile to find the guy to follow.

Man I love that game.

Casius has 14 Posts

Without my super power ring I'm super powerless, except from the waist down.
Pre-SC2 Clan: http://micromacro.eamped.com/

pm.gif   

Old 08-24-2007

United States Remnant
Walking into Mordor.
 Remnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond reputeRemnant has a reputation beyond repute

There's a game on Sega: Genesis called "Weaponmaster".

It's not an amazing game, it was one of the myriad of Street Fighter clones that came out, though this one was better than most. It's hook was, that your fighters all had various weapons. There were hidden moves that would do a "fatality", but there wasn't that little fatality indicator- if you did the right move on the winning match that dropped your opponent's energy bar to 0, you won.

So, I'm playing along, and I get to the match against the "girl character". Who is, like most female characters in those games, really fast with a shorter reach.

I fight her, and lose. Well, wasn't a big deal, she was always a pain because she'd combo lock you much more often than the other characters.

I lose again.

And again. And again and again and again and again.

Well, that happens sometimes. So I go fight again. I spend a round basically blocking myself to death, because her combos are so constant that if I stopped, I'd be locked again. The next round, I play really carefully and win. The third round plays out just like the second round. I get her down to where I couldn't even see her health bar, and I was barely touched. She then combo locks me from 100% to zero. Couldn't even block.

I tore the cartrige out of the Genesis with the power still on and flung it across the room. It dented (but did no real damage) the cartrige, and struck the venesian blinds about five inches from the end of one of the strips, kinking it.

To this day, in my old room in my parent's house, that freaking blind is still up, and still has the kinked bend in that one strip. Nobody has ever really asked about it, the probably figure one of the cats did it. So every time I look at it, I can remember why that stupid kink is in that blind, and remember that god awful game.

Remnant has 218 Posts

"The souls that god has given us, our spirits, our spirits, which found a way to swim through the immense network and live in the infinity of space. Is not the human body a mere shell, a form of exisitence all too small and weak for conciousness with such vast reach and potential?" - Londes, Cowboy Bebop, episode Brain Scratch

pm.gif   

Old 08-24-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

JT's post reminds me of how sick Medieval II is. Time to re-install it.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 08-24-2007

United States Tekken
wise one
 Tekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond reputeTekken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did I read that right? Your against skill having a effect?

Tekken has 1,884 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tekken