Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 11-06-2007

Canada RODTHEGOD
Rise of the Black Leaf
 RODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too longRODTHEGOD has been here far, far too long
Default New Replay Video options

i was watching some replays today and i got some ideas blizzard could add to the replay video system

1. first off i would like to be able to see what players are looking at and what they currently have selected. perhaps on the minimap there could be a little box with the players color to show what they were looking at at the time. as well in the video's there could possibly show what the players have selected at the time by having a little doted circle around the units they have selected. they could possibly take that one step furthur and add an option that you could click that autimaatically moves the screen around for you so you can follow what they see.

2. in some games i've had, my opponents and i talk a bit and have interesting discusions and stuff, you know, i would like to maybe enable an option that allows us to see the ingame chat as it happens

3. also i think it would be cool if there was a video editor included or something so you could make cool video's with some awsome battles from different games and stuff. who knows maybe add in music as well

4. 1 last thing, i would like to be able to rewind the replay rather then have to start over

what do you guys think and do you guys have any idea's for the replay option?

RODTHEGOD has 1,283 Posts

Its Only a matter of time

pm.gif   

Old 11-07-2007

Poland Garroteman
BF Member
 Garroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really niceGarroteman is just really nice

1.Yes. Player's point of view was included in CnC3. You can just sit back and enjoy your coffie while you are watching reps. It's a must.

2. Yes.Player's chat was included in Relic's WH40K: Dawn of war. I guess there is not much chatting in 1v1, but when it comes to team play its nice to see what the opponents were saying.

3. No. There is no need for video editor as it would not stand up to other video editing software. What we need is an export option so you can save rep as avi file for later editing.

4. Yes. Rewind would be great. Olso I would like to have rep bookmarks that will take you to the certain portion of the video. This way you could in few minutes check out all the best actions in given rep that were selected by players/rep community

5. Commentary options similar to CnC3

6. Stand alone rep viewer similar to CnC3

IMO CnC3 turned out to be crap (my best ladder was around 760 so i have played few games), but they did good job with reps so its something that blizz could take a look at.

Garroteman has 114 Posts

-"So I can has minerulz ?" | He should have been best Terran..ever!

pm.gif   

Old 11-07-2007

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

I agree whit everything, especially the rewind and chat.

I'd like to add: Being able to watch replays of UMS w/o having to go on b.net

_X_ has 638 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-07-2007

Afghanistan warrior6
With The Sons Of Korhal
 warrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to allwarrior6 is a name known to all

most of these things were already in warcraft 3. especially the thing i call the "player cam" which plays the replay from a players POV including what he clicked, where he is looking and stuff

chat is also already im war3

they are probably make the replay system even better than war3 so not to worry

warrior6 has 1,421 Posts

STOP BITCHING IN YOUR SIGNATURE
don't add this to your signature if you agree because then you would be bitching in your signature, dumbass

pm.gif