Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-08-2007

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore
Default The Scent of a Woman

So I'm on the treadmill at my gym this morning. I'm about half way through my thrity minute routine and this thirty-something woman comes in (a newb at the gym) and gets on the treadmill next to me. Normally I pay no attention to women at the gym, I'm there to work out, not oogle women. But this woman draws my attention in a way that no other woman has ever managed. Her scent was so overpowering, I couldn't help but notice. Unfortunately, her scent was Eau de STINKY! We're not talking about body odor, but an equally distasteful kind of odor; stale cigarettes!

So wait....you're at the gym exercising, and on your way here, you must have inhaled two or three cigarettes with the windows rolled up. Newsflash: Exercise doesn't reverse the effects of cigarettes! Besides the obvious, at the very least, could you try to find a brand of cigarettes that doesn't smell like three day old dead cat? Maybe spray some perfume on before coming into the gym? I don't know, maybe I'm just being insensitive to the plight of the chain smoker. After all, it's not your fault, it's those evil tobacco companies that made you smell like a walking ash tray.

10 Print "End Rant!"
20 Goto 10
Run

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!
 Rob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightened

Some women are intelligent. Some women are not.

The smell of cigarettes is honestly disgusting.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

Israel GhostlyGal
SnakeBite Gal
 GhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too much

LoL Nuts, I have to agree with you, smell can be very powerful, and very... smelly, unfortunatly, especially if it's cigarettes smoke!

If you have a born hatered for smokers, than I'm sorry, I'm on your hate-list. But, I never smoke with the windows closed, or next to people who are bothered by it (I always ask the people next to me if it bothers them).

P.S, you're right! A hard workout at the gym is devastating enough, but add smoking to that? Must be a real nostrail killer, uch...

P.S No 2, you're right again. Smoking is BAD! Do not smoke! It fucks up your lungs and fitness! I know, because I had to work twice as hard as everyone else during boot-camp, all that running killed me!

DO NOT SMOKE! IT STINKS!

GhostlyGal has 883 Posts

The Karakal Battalion-
To Secure Peace is to Prepare for WAR

"I'm the '45 that's in your mouth. I'm a dirty, dirty whore"
So gimmie
FUEL gimmie FIRE gimmie that which I DESIRE

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to GhostlyGal Send a message via MSN to GhostlyGal  

Old 11-08-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!
 Rob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightenedRob has become enlightened

You're not really a girl. This is the internet, where females are nothing more than a myth.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

United States Kingscrab
Finally
 Kingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
You're not really a girl. This is the internet, where females are nothing more than a myth.
Ha! Okay, that was funny.

Kingscrab has 260 Posts

AMERICA WINS

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!

I wasn't joking.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Allow me to be clear.....I don't hate, or even dislike smokers. I like to light up a good cigar every now and then. My complaint stems from the fact that a) you would drench yourself in cigarette smoke and proceed to enter an establishment where you will be in close contact with others and b) that someone would even think for a moment that there is a net gain to be had by exercising after chain smoking. It's like eating a cheeseburger and a bowl of broccoli at the same setting, then proclaiming yourself to be a healthy eater.

No, make no mistake, I don't dislike smokers, but I do think the habit is nasty. I won't smoke a cigar around my wife, or any other women for that matter because I recognize that it's a rather pungent aroma and not very pleasant to some.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...

Should have cracked jokes to the entire gym in front of her in order to make her feel bad about herself and degrade her as a person. Maybe she would have learned a lesson.

Or committed suicide. You win some you lose some.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 11-08-2007

United States Rob
For Aiur!

I'd love to see Nuts do that. Although, he doesn't have that bitter sarcasm that can be really caustic and rude.

But then again watching someone who isn't an asshole put others down is just as funny.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

Brazil Amok
Critter Christmas
 Amok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than you

Smoke sucks. Whenever I go to a bar or night club or concert I come out with clothes stinking and eyes burning.

So many people smoke at my uni, every 5 minute break smokers HAVE to go outside where it's freezing just to smoke. I think smoking should be done because of a certain situation (bars, drinking, having fun etc...), not otherwise.

Why can't smokers be like potheads? I think they have nice smoking habits. They smoke away from other people and don't bother anyone.

Amok has 7,707 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

BlizzForums Zero
Templar of the SC Forums
 Zero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwnsZero simply pwns

Coincidentally, I was actually thinking of making a rant thread about smokers in the gym. I'm against all forms of smoking, but that's not the point. What some people do is their own deal. But when you go to the gym, and you're gagging on smoke from some crusty old guy who's more than 6 feet away from you, it's disgusting. Not only is the stench horrible for anyone within the stink radius, but what's the point of working out? You're trying to make yourself healthier, yet are killing yourself by letting out more exhaust than a diesel-powered Ford truck. I just don't get it.

Last edited by Zero; 11-08-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Zero has 8,376 Posts

"As a kid it was traumatic. It was one thing for your teacher to tell you that life was harsh for settlers headed West in the decades after the Louisiana Purchase. It was a lot more chilling to watch as your three children, "Boobs, Fart, and Winky" drowned in the Colorado river shortly before your wife died of diarrhea."
- Gamespy talking about the original Oregon Trail

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

United States Kingscrab
Finally
 Kingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of winKingscrab is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I wasn't joking.
Thus, making it all the funnier.

Kingscrab has 260 Posts

AMERICA WINS

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

Israel GhostlyGal
SnakeBite Gal
 GhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too muchGhostlyGal might just love this place a little bit too much

...Guess it won't help if I SAID I was a girl then, right?

GhostlyGal has 883 Posts

The Karakal Battalion-

So gimmie

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to GhostlyGal Send a message via MSN to GhostlyGal  

Old 11-08-2007

Antarctica Doombringer64v3.0
Legend
 Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Clearly she must be a girl. Certainly many guys like to claim to be a girl in order to screw with the heads of other males (strange social behavior that no other primate seems to exhibit). However, no guy would pretend to be a Jewish girl (especially not a manly one at that). That would be completely self defeating.

Now that is all cleared up curse you Nuts! Yes stinking ladies are nuisance. Well, all women are a nuisance. What a sick sense of humor god must have to give them a vagina (Intelligent Design my aching ass). Still, you are opening the door for another BF pile on smokers. The next several posts will be nothing but how people can't stand smokers.

And I must apologize in advance this post wasn't anywhere near racist or misogynistic enough.

Doombringer64v3.0 has 11,412 Posts

Killer Idea
Doombringer64 hates his wife.

pm.gif   

Old 11-08-2007

Israel GhostlyGal
SnakeBite Gal

I'm. Not. Manly.

Go check my picture at the picture thread... God, people think I'm He-Man with tits.

GhostlyGal has 883 Posts

The Karakal Battalion-

So gimmie