Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 06-28-2006

Canada Alex06
Awesome Beyond Awesome
 Alex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to all
Default A little question about mods...

I've got a question which I think alot of people are interested in an answer...
Some "mods" and customs which can't run on Windows XP (ex: the SC custom units from http://www.infoceptor.net) due to the fact that Cwad launchers and Secwads only run on older versions of windows (eg 95 and 98). I wanna know why they don't run on Windows NT, 2000, or XP? And more importantly, if they WILL RUN on Windows Vista correctly, since it's been said that Windows 95 and 98 applications that didn't run on XP would work on Windows Vista, that the problem that caused them not to run is fixed. What was the problem, and do these mods really run again, now, on Vista?

Alex06 has 881 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alex06 Send a message via MSN to Alex06 Send a message via Yahoo to Alex06 

Old 06-29-2006

Hong Kong DoomGaze
Mr. Postman
 DoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud ofDoomGaze has much to be proud of

I thougt it was because they couldn't run on updated patches or something. On the other hand, I'm too lazy to even try running any mods that still rely on Stargraft to initiate them.

DoomGaze has 1,844 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to DoomGaze