Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 08-05-2007

Germany Unentschieden
BF Member
 Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!Unentschieden is dominating!
Default Re: Carrier is back eh?

Blizzard listens to the community but they won´t make important desicions just because of us. But it might be marketing and the Tempest was created to be scrapped for us :P.

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

Canada Mainyu
BF Member
 Mainyu is infamous around these partsMainyu is infamous around these partsMainyu is infamous around these partsMainyu is infamous around these partsMainyu is infamous around these parts

I love the tempest model
I hope they keep it

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

Netherlands Antilles Raztrue
BF Member
 Raztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to leadRaztrue was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirot View Post
How can it be photoshoped? The screenshot is obviously from BlizzCon taken by a attendee and how could there be Tempests in that build if they were removed? Ask yourselves that. In addition, it will take a amazing amount of effort just to put in interceptors into that image.

Yes, someone photoshoped a stock photo of the Tempest and made it yellow; the guy probably guessed that's how they would look like. He guessed right.

EDIT: Awesome screenshots GRUNT! =)
How can it be photoshopped? lol are you kidding?
Easily someone can bring home that photo and photoshop it.. i could and i dont know how to use photoshop well.
Amzing amount of effort? PLEASE!!

Just want to point out that the yellow tempest has been wondering the internet for over a month and people still think its the new carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbinn View Post
Yellow tempests are just placeholders. I can say with 80% accuracy that they decided to scrap tempests just a day or two before Blizzcon and therefore didn't have time to make up a new model. That's why they colored the tempest yellow, made quickly some ugly looking interceptors and called it a carrier.

Trust me, the model will change.
Well we dont need your 80% accuracy because we KNOW they scrapped them righr before blizzcon... duh.
Again theres been a yellow tempest for awhile now.. nothing new.

Well duh the model will change but i like the tempest one better.

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

United States Moradon
BF Member
 Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!

I don't see why people think Blizzard HAS to scrap the tempest model. Just because Blizzard wasn't happy with tempest concept doesn't mean they still can't use the model. The tempest model looks great, and I certainly wouldn't mind at all if the carrier used that model.

Although I wouldn't protest if Blizzard revamped the model either, but I don't mind either way.

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

United States J1M
BF Member
 J1M was born to leadJ1M was born to leadJ1M was born to leadJ1M was born to leadJ1M was born to leadJ1M was born to leadJ1M was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raztrue View Post
How can it be photoshopped? lol are you kidding?
Easily someone can bring home that photo and photoshop it.. i could and i dont know how to use photoshop well.
Amzing amount of effort? PLEASE!!

Just want to point out that the yellow tempest has been wondering the internet for over a month and people still think its the new carrier.

Well we dont need your 80% accuracy because we KNOW they scrapped them righr before blizzcon... duh.
Again theres been a yellow tempest for awhile now.. nothing new.

Well duh the model will change but i like the tempest one better.
Just eat your crow and be a good little boy.

Some of us can easily spot shops and legit pictures. Sadly, not you.

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

Australia Emerald
Mean and Green
 Emerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too long

The model does look sweet and Tempest was coolest unit name ever. So I'm sad its gone. The ground shield was also an interesting idea to implement.

pm.gif   

Old 08-05-2007

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!

Yes, the Carrier is using the Tempest model. Yes, the current icon for the Interceptor is the Shuriken icon.

In the case of the Shuriken icon, that is definitely a placeholder and will be updated.

As for the Carrier, there ARE photoshopped images of the Tempest. This however, is the real deal. BUT that doesn't mean that it is the final Carrier model. It could very well be that Blizzard just reskinned and enlarged the Tempest model for BlizzCon. However, that is nonetheless, how the Carrier looks like for now.

If however, you are still not convinced, then here is undeniable proof of the validity of the pictures I have posted here.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...o=33051&page=1

A short while into the fourth video, you can see a Carrier flying off at the bottom of the screen. You can see it at 1:03 into the video.

I hope that ends this argument that shouldn't even be here in the first place.

EDIT: And Sirot - thanks for the vote of confidence. :]

Last edited by GRUNT; 08-05-2007 at 09:22 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

Mexico KadajSouba
High Dark Archangeal
 KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!KadajSouba is unstoppable!

Ok, question, in the first page, there are 3 images about the carrier, in the last one, theres something next to the carrier, it looks like, i dont know, some blades or something, curve objects, its really strange, i cant guess what is that thing... Its like a warp ray that is disintegrating...

KadajSouba has 91 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

Canada vicml21
BF Member
 vicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightenedvicml21 has become enlightened

Im sad too. I really liked Tempests, from the colour of the armour on it (the silver looked awesome, IMO) and its anti ground shields looked really good. Nothing wrong with the carrier, but I really liked the tempest.

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadajSouba View Post
Ok, question, in the first page, there are 3 images about the carrier, in the last one, theres something next to the carrier, it looks like, i dont know, some blades or something, curve objects, its really strange, i cant guess what is that thing... Its like a warp ray that is disintegrating...
That's just wreckage from a Warp Ray that got destroyed .

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

Shouldn't it say "Protoss Carrier" not just "Carrier"?

Anyways, I'm glad they are bringing back the carrier instead of the Tempest. Hopfully they will redesign it to look a bit more bulky. Overall though, the Tempest design isnt half bad.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  

Old 08-06-2007

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country flavormanIII
I come in all flavors
 flavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightenedflavormanIII has become enlightened

I really hope hardened shields mechanic of Tempest gets carried on to the carriers. I hope they do tweaks o interceptor AI so it does not cause too much clutter..

flavormanIII has 1,052 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

United States AdroiT
BF Member
 AdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to leadAdroiT was born to lead

I'm really glad the Carrier is back, kinda makes me wonder what we need a Mothership for now. Mothership always seemed like a mass Carrier replacement. I also really liked the name "Tempest" I hope they keep that name, maybe rename Warp Ray to Tempest

Last edited by AdroiT; 08-06-2007 at 02:38 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

The tempest was one of the units I was very pleased to see introduced. It fit its role perfectly, had the proper equipment, and the overall feel of the tempest worked. I'm disappointed that the carrier will make a return in what i assume to be roughly the same form as in SC1. Both to the eye and ear I find the tempest more appealing than the carrier, it successfully "re imagined starcraft" instead of "remaking it." I fear now that people will bash SC2 for not being innovative enough or bash SC2 for having "basically having a carrier without the name." A damned if you do and a damned if you don't scenario.

The carrier was the second strongest unit in the game, topped only by a BC with yamato capabilities, however it is good to see a solid unit design coming back to help support the new units which will undoubtedly be in need of that old fashion protoss brute strength. That being said I feel that the carrier was and still is unbalanced, being able to shrug off even the most crippling of attacks from both land and air enemies to emerge relatively battered but not broken. Having specialized shields took the tempest in a different direction that I feel is necessary for the evolution of the carrier since it was already used as a heavy ground assault unit.

I say bring the tempest back and give it a chance to prove itself in "boot camp."

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-06-2007

Bulgaria teDo
BF Member
 teDo is on a distinguished road

carrier was the coolest ever protoss unit

teDo has 106 Posts

pm.gif