Thread: Tribes: Ascend, Free To Play

Child of the Sun
    Array

Default Tribes: Ascend, Free To Play

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...campaign=email

IDK if you guys have tried it, but I've been playing for a couple days and it's worth dicking around in. It's got a similar monetary system to LoL, you can buy things with XP or in game money. Otherwise it's free to play and you can pick what you want and improve it up to a certain point. They're coming out with new guns and shit on a monthly? basis and it's got a nice, different combat system. I dislike the goddamned explosive damage, which I think is ridiculously OP or UP depending on whether or not you're indoors, but there's different shit to try out. Got a CTF, Cap and Hold, DM, and a few other play modes. I don't play DM so don't ask me what's good for that, I like the strat maps. Anyway, genocidealive, hit me up. The link is just for the game, but I get a referral bonus. If you don't follow the instructions I don't get shit, so keep that in mind if you want to fuck me over.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

Ogame addict
    Array

Default Re: Tribes: Ascend, Free To Play

The biggest issue is that LoL, while it has most of it's recent champs at the overpriced range, still is... viable. Tribes is not, man, let me tell you. You'd have to play so... so... so long to get everything.
    sigline

Is that a rocket in your pocket?

Child of the Sun
    Array

If you say so. I've been playing LoL for what, almost a year? Still don't have every champ or even close to it.

It takes almost a week of wins @ 2-3 hrs a day to get one 6400 champ. There are what, 50 champs?

And that doesn't include runes or runepages themselves, which can only be bought with money after the first.

EIther way, on the up side you aren't stuck with 4 selfish douchebags for 60+ min for a loss and a shitty 50 pts.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

BF Member
    Array

Would you say this is a dying need for the 5000 xp, or is it just something that is nice to have?
    sigline
    What is the difference between an internal desire and a reaction to an external action?

Child of the Sun
    Array

I am now going to amend my complaint. PLASMA. Ok, I noticed they took cues from LoL in a number of ways, apparently that includes the IRRITATING "pay for power" shit. Whatever new release they come up with is OP and they Nerf it in next patch. Jesus Christ. Right now the Raider is pretty fucking annoying. Anyway, to answer the question, you get I think 1500 XP for winning a match, once a day. So casual play is rewarded. XP is only difficult to get if you try to grind out 50000 in ten minutes. They have different classes so you can pick and choose. It's tribes, and it's an FPS. Some people don't like it, but it is good and has some new stuff.
    sigline

Child of the Sun
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet2head View Post
    The biggest issue is that LoL, while it has most of it's recent champs at the overpriced range, still is... viable. Tribes is not, man, let me tell you. You'd have to play so... so... so long to get everything.
    I've been thinking about this, and let me add that Tribes has no obligation to give you a free game. It's a good game, and if you want "everything", god forbid you actually pay for it. If you shirk a good game because you might have to pay something, that's your own jobless bag.
    sigline

Ogame addict
    Array

Oh, no, they're free to charge whatever they want, and I'l agree it's a great game. I never meant to suggest otherwise.
    sigline

Is that a rocket in your pocket?