Thread: Free Diablo 3 Beta for the weekend !

Starcraft Psi Moderator
    Array

Blizz2 Free Diablo 3 Beta for the weekend !

You guys know about this right?

We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you'll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

SOURCE AND FULL DETAIL + FAQ:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963...4_19_2012#blog

ROUTER/PORT INFO:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...39009&sid=3000

Beta Forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3430582/

sigline

protoswarrior NA Server: Xecutor 429

Pious Blizzforums - Starcraft Strategy member

The best people I've ever met and who've taught me how to love the game of Starcraft beyond the lore.

Deviant
    Array

Default Re: Free Diablo 3 Beta for the weekend !

Played some co-op with a friend and ended up finishing the portion of the campaign in the beta. I played as a Demon Hunter and he was a Wizard.

So far normal difficulty feels really easy, and gold/item drops are abundant. I do like how each player gets localized loot drops, keeps people from loot whoring. This being my first experience with any Diablo game, I really like how it plays and feels so far. Defiantly going to buy the game when it comes out.
    sigline

! DeviantArt (outdated) -

Moogly Administrator
    Array

I've noticed that ranged classes seem to have it a bit easier -- try a monk or barb and it's no picnic.

It helps once you get geared up a bit though -- I can't wait to check out Inferno mode, they've been telling us it's gonna be super hard, like monsters specifically will be 5+ levels above players hard, should be fun.

Starcraft Psi Moderator
    Array

As a casual diablo 3 player, i wanna say that this game kicks ass! Ive been using the Demon Hunter, and I am sooo impressed with the stutter step micro i can achieve with it. Soooo awesome! The game on Normal does seem a lil easy, but some elites tend to be somewhat,'problematic'. But i havent found myself having too much trouble until Leoric.

He seems to be the toughest not because of his high HP, but more because the AI is pretty tricky. The surround spawns ensure that I am using Vault, Caltrops and my offensive abilities all in tandem constantly, thus draining my Hatred and Discipline pretty quickly. THAT'S the kind of fight I love! And since this is only Act 1 part 1, I am pretty sure the difficulty progression will be like diablo 2 where the monsters got stronger and the minibosses start mimicking the first major boss in difficulty. Ofc at the end of each Act, the iltimate boss is bound to be even stronger. So in that sense, I think the game is going to play like D2, but be much better.

Also me = sad panda. Cannot play the last of the open beta.. Been at doctor's for 2hours now... No end to the wait in sight... </3
    sigline

The best people I've ever met and who've taught me how to love the game of Starcraft beyond the lore.

Banned
    Array

Great game! also used Demon Hunter...

Child of the Sun
    Array

I can't wait to try this out with some slut I've been banging she totally goes into heat over video games and shyt
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

The Shadow Poster!
    Array

I've played the beta as well. Was awesome and alot easier to manage than older Diablo games

Can't wait for it!

~Xeo
    sigline

Lord of Legacy
    Array

You reminded me that I was neglecting to play the beta, so I gave it a whirl today. The gameplay seems acceptable, but I'm really disappointed by the detail in the graphics. XG3 can defend it all he wants, but the game visually feels dated pre-release :\
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

Moogly Administrator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloak View Post
    You reminded me that I was neglecting to play the beta, so I gave it a whirl today. The gameplay seems acceptable, but I'm really disappointed by the detail in the graphics. XG3 can defend it all he wants, but the game visually feels dated pre-release :\

>.>

BF Member
    Array

Speaking of graphics, one of these days I will build a gaming PC and enjoy the "full experience" or whatever.

As it is, preeeeetty stoked.

Moogly Administrator
    Array

I hope retail is optomized, cuz in the beta i get some serious lag spikes in multiplayer games.... with settings down >_>

Ha Ha!
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloak View Post
    That's a double edged sword though, isn't it? My brother, who is due for a new computer, was grateful to find that he could play it on his dated laptop, quite smoothly, I might add.
    sigline
    There's nay'ry an animal that can outrun a greased Scotsman!

Lord of Legacy
    Array

True, but the better way to cover that market is with lower settings. There's nothing wrong with a game's "high or ultra" settings requiring newer PC components. The company just has to make sure the lower settings still look good and maintain the spirit of the game. Diablo 3 feels like 'Low' is the only setting.
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

Ha Ha!
    Array

Iono, I thought it looked pretty damn good on my rig.

But your point is well taken. I was just pleased that I could play it with my bro, since his computer is fast becoming dated.
    sigline
    There's nay'ry an animal that can outrun a greased Scotsman!

Starcraft Psi Moderator
    Array

Xeo, RC, RedLucy, GA, Mike,

POST DEM BATTLETAGS/IDs IN THE ID THREAD PL0X !!! ♥
    sigline