Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 105

Thread: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

  1. #76
    Child of the Sun
    Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry




    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I said that obesity is an epidemic among the poor, and that starvation for the most part does not occur in the United States. This information pretty much pre-empts whatever unrelated point you were trying to make. If you can quote the part where I said people won't eat free food feel free to do so.
    I repeat, I wasn't making any point. You are literally arguing with yourself. You claimed that the poor in the U.S. were overfed and overfat. Then I brought up a soup kitchen and homeless and you started arguing about the disingenuous nature of bringing "drugs" into the discussion.
    Quote Quote
    I don't foresee that being a big problem for my kid. He's 3. For now we eat good. And we are thankful for mealtime, we give thanks and praise every day. I'm religious remember? I believe God could take everything away at any moment so for me each day is a blessing.
    I have no idea what Jesus has to do with your child throwing things if his food isn't fresh, but perhaps we have inherent differences in regards to what constitutes thankfulness. I wouldn't doubt it.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 04-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

  2. #77
    Child of the Sun
    Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    The point of that cartoon was that organic foods' disingenuous claim that they promote longevity, when in fact there are many more factors at play than simply what we eat. Hopefully most people can understand the cartoons' intent without feeling the need to point out the obvious, as though they are too dense to take a point.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

  3. #78
    Most Intelligent Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post

    I repeat, I wasn't making any point. You are literally arguing with yourself. You claimed that the poor in the U.S. were overfed and overfat. Then I brought up a soup kitchen and homeless and you started arguing about the disingenuous nature of bringing "drugs" into the discussion.
    The poor are obese, "soup kitchens" (they don't just serve soup by the way, this isn't the 30's cliche) aren't even relevant to anything I said, and homeless people use drugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    I have no idea what Jesus has to do with your child throwing things if his food isn't fresh, but perhaps we have inherent differences in regards to what constitutes thankfulness. I wouldn't doubt it.
    Well thats more a function of age than anything. 3 year olds throw shit if you didn't know. I'm skeptical that you've even raised kids by the way you are talking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    The point of that cartoon was that organic foods' disingenuous claim that they promote longevity, when in fact there are many more factors at play than simply what we eat. Hopefully most people can understand the cartoons' intent without feeling the need to point out the obvious, as though they are too dense to take a point.
    Sure there are more factors, but that doesn't mean eating pesticides is good for you.

    You're a guy who still believes that drinking fluoride is good for you because the government told him so. I'm 99.99999% you use fluoride toothpaste. I'm sorry but I just can't understand people like you. For some reason the contradiction does not register in your brain.
    sigline
    "Much like how low rates on treasuries and low inflation refuted the world view of the 'internet-austrians'."

  4. #79
    Child of the Sun
    Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Homeless people are more often than not byproducts of mental disorders, which tend to lead to drug addiction. Regardless, my 3 year old didn't throw shit, and the fact that since you allow your three your old to throw shit means that all three year olds throw shit confirms a lot about my impressions about the way you think. I've raised three, this is what, your first? Of course, thereby you're an expert and have every basis for calling into question my expertise. Fucking dumbass.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

  5. #80
    BF Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,032

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Quote Originally Posted by AbdulTheButcher View Post
    Then you are a shallow person and your life is empty. No different from a cockroach.

    Funny how every day I am vindicated in my belief that human beings, for the most part, are not really all that much different from other species of animals, yet always consider themselves to be somehow "special" or as "higher" forms of life with some sort of magnanimous privilege to control things in their life. What a delusion!

    Look at yourselves in the mirrors. No seriously, whoever's reading this, do yourself a favor, and go take a look at yourself in the mirror. You are a defecating, rotting piece of meat.

    The majority of human beings are nothing more than pests.
    Well if you want to pick out that statement and ignore everything else surrounding it, I am not at all surprised you wouldn't understand that it was a pretty obvious hyperbole.

    I'm sure you enjoy sex. Does that bring you to a more carnal, inferior level? Food, pleasure, jealousy, competitiveness, etc. You could call all of these things carnal behaviors. People absolutely have the ability to control these things, they often just choose not to. There is no delusion. We are separated from animals because we are aware that we are a self and an individual; we are cognitive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Well thats more a function of age than anything. 3 year olds throw shit if you didn't know. I'm skeptical that you've even raised kids by the way you are talking.
    When I babysit toddlers, I can almost immediately tell whether the parent is a rigid authority or a little bitch that constantly gives into their tantrums. There certainly exists an association of behavior with age, but come on dude. It's never an excuse or explanation, and it's not OK or commendable, regardless of whether the kid is mad about their food not being fresh or being told they cannot have a toy in the store.

  6. #81
    BF Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,032

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    And that is your prerogative, HV, but I cut out being a misanthrope when I was a teen and am a lot better for it.

  7. #82
    Ha Ha!
    Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,446

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    This thread was about motherfucking steaks and why meat is awesome.

    Or if it wasn't it fucking is now.

    Sirloin. 30 seconds a side. Still mooin' in the middle. If you want to feel primal or carnal, nothing like almost raw meat to make you feel like an apex predator.
    sigline
    There's nay'ry an animal that can outrun a greased Scotsman!

  8. #83
    Most Intelligent Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Homeless people are more often than not byproducts of mental disorders, which tend to lead to drug addiction. Regardless, my 3 year old didn't throw shit, and the fact that since you allow your three your old to throw shit means that all three year olds throw shit confirms a lot about my impressions about the way you think. I've raised three, this is what, your first? Of course, thereby you're an expert and have every basis for calling into question my expertise. Fucking dumbass.
    There is always lying! I forgot about that one too. You 3 year old has thrown shit in the past. I make that statement with unequivocable confidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lucy
    When I babysit toddlers, I can almost immediately tell whether the parent is a rigid authority or a little bitch that constantly gives into their tantrums. There certainly exists an association of behavior with age, but come on dude. It's never an excuse or explanation, and it's not OK or commendable, regardless of whether the kid is mad about their food not being fresh or being told they cannot have a toy in the store.
    Both you and your parenting style are a joke to me. I also find your impression of me to be amusing.
    sigline
    "Much like how low rates on treasuries and low inflation refuted the world view of the 'internet-austrians'."

  9. #84
    Child of the Sun
    Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    There is always lying! I forgot about that one too. You 3 year old has thrown shit in the past. I make that statement with unequivocable confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    The poor are obese

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    homeless people use drugs

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    there are more factors, but that doesn't mean eating pesticides is good for you


    Either you're capable enough to understand when I am speaking in a generalization, or you are literally so stupid that you cannot. I am inclined to think you do understand what a generalization is, since I found the above three quotes in this page alone and they are all generalizations. You would literally have to be borderline mentally retarded to think that every single poor person is fat, that every person that has run away from home or lost their home to foreclosure is on drugs, or that imbibing any pesticide in any amount will always have negative health effects.

    So either you are being a disingenuous jackass and decided that your substance for this disagreement is so piss poor that you have to desperately try to reframe an obvious generalization as a "lie", or you really are so stupid that you cannot recognize a generalization and don't understand it in context of the English language. Up to you, most intelligent member.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

  10. #85
    Most Intelligent Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    In that case you were making a generalizing about my son based on a single statement, which turned out to be innacurrate. Poor people are obese, homeless people use drugs, etc. are true generalizations. "and the fact that since you allow your three your old to throw shit" is not a true generalization. Understand the difference? In general, that's not true.

    Don't get all pissy because you decided to make assumptions and generalizations that turned out to be false.
    sigline
    "Much like how low rates on treasuries and low inflation refuted the world view of the 'internet-austrians'."

  11. #86
    Child of the Sun
    Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,799

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    In that case you were making a generalizing about my son based on a single statement, which turned out to be innacurrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Plus my son is a picky eater, if it's not fresh he starts throwing shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Don't get all pissy because you decided to make assumptions and generalizations that turned out to be false.
    Weird, you're arguing with yourself again. You throw out random "u mad bro?" statements at me, to include me, I guess?

    It's gotten to the point where I feel like I'm just watching you flop around.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

  12. #87
    Most Intelligent Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here, because it didn't really contradict anything that I said. You made a generalization about a single statement that I made. Not sure why you requoted both statements because they just demonstrate what I was saying. You made a generalization, live with it. I don't even know what the "mad at me bro" crap is about and don't care to hear you elaborate on it because it's probably something stupid.

    Added after 7 minutes:

    Let's try this again:

    "and the fact that since you allow your three your old to throw shit"

    In general, that is not a true statement.

    "Plus my son is a picky eater, if it's not fresh he starts throwing shit."

    This statement does not change the fact that in general, he doesn't throw shit. Your statement also (falsely) implies that I don't say anything or I encourage this kind of behavior. This is totally within the realm of normal behavior for 3 year olds and the fact that I have to explain this to you is rather strange. That said, we still eat fresh food because it's good for you. I don't try to run my house like a dictator trying to prove a point to a 3 year old who probably doesn't understand anyways. There is plenty of time to learn thankfulness and I don't foresee that being a problem just because of how we live our lives every day.

    You are making a whole lot of assumptions here based on one single statement that you took completely out of context. Is it really any surprise that assumptions are the mother of all fuckups?
    Last edited by Troll; 04-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    sigline
    "Much like how low rates on treasuries and low inflation refuted the world view of the 'internet-austrians'."

  13. #88
    Moogly Administrator
    Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,339

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    The opposite of poor regulation is competent regulation, not no regulation.

    Sums up my thoughts completely. Stoled from some comment on reddit.

  14. #89
    Most Intelligent Member
    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    8,456

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Ok, but that doesn't address the arguments against government regulation itself. What is your counter to that?
    sigline
    "Much like how low rates on treasuries and low inflation refuted the world view of the 'internet-austrians'."

  15. #90
    Moogly Administrator
    Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,339

    Default Re: Less regulation, not more, is needed for the meat industry

    Not all government regulation is bad?

    You imply, believe, or whatever, that the government being involved is inherently wrong, full stop. I don't, you can't argue with an extreme. You broker no possible compromise, yours is the position of "this or nothing", which is fine, but it doesn't leave up much for discussion. What do you honestly expect to happen? You argue for, basically, a fantasy that could never work in reality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •