Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prometheus

Forum Elder
    Array

Default Re: Prometheus

Lab Rat
    Array

Just went and saw it. It was absolutely terrible. There was really no story to it at all, just things happening then a few props and an alien baby thrown in at the end and hey presto Alien prequel. Haven't been so disappointed by a movie in years.
    Seriously, this movie is fucking faecal, absolutely terrible.
    Last edited by Toucan27; 06-09-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    sigline

The Professional
    Array

Glad I decided to hold out on the reviews for this one before I jumped in & watched it. The hype surrounding it and built-up expectations already had me approaching with caution.
    sigline

As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good'

NORM LIFE, BABY
    Array

I was actually interested in seeing this until I realized it was a prequel to Alien.=\
    sigline
    Quote Quote
    ...And the important thing to remember is that this simulation is a good one. It's believable, it's tactile; you can reach out and things are solid, you can move objects from one area to another. You can feel your body: you can say, "I'd like to go over to this location" and you can move this mass of molecules through the air over to another location, at will... That's something you live inside of everyday.

Main Tech Guy, PC guider
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Quixote View Post
    I was actually interested in seeing this until I realized it was a prequel to Alien.=\
    Which is not...
    sigline

The Great Thread Killer
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Spychi View Post
    Which is not...
    Wait yes it is, isn't it?
    sigline
    Gibe moni plos

Main Tech Guy, PC guider
    Array

it is not supposed to be connected with the Alien story, different planet, yet same Zeta Reculi system, different xeno, different lifecycle
    Ridley Scott said that this movie is not a prequel to Alien and the end part makes it obvious why
    sigline

Lab Rat
    Array

If the movie is not a re-make or prequel for Alien then its a very poor clone of the original concept.
    sigline

Pizza
    Array

I just saw this movie today and I liked it. I did not see any similarities to the Alien movie except for the fact that it's obvious another Ridley Scott movie (similar type of aliens, goopy stuff, flamethrowers, space ships, boyish female protagonist)

I have a few questions though if anyone has answers:

SPOILER ALERT STOP READING IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE

Hidden Content:

1. What was the point of the engineer who killed himself at the beginning of the movie? Was he supposed to be on earth, or on his home planet, or on the planet that prometheus visits? Why did he kill himself?

2. So the black goop weapon does two things- one it breaks apart your DNA, as evidenced in the beginning of the movie, and two it plants a little alien inside of your body. If it was developed as a weapon why does it need to do both things? Why isn't just breaking apart your DNA enough?

3. What do you think David was saying to the Engineer near the end of the movie? Has anyone on the interwebs attempted to translate it yet?
    sigline

Not bragging or anything, but if we were living 1000 years ago,
    id be the most successful merchant/trader in the village. ~Ace

Lord of Legacy
    Array

Excellent writeup on the movie, attempts to explain a few things that left me scratching my head:
    http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1

That said, I still wasn't impressed. I think the movie looked great but was actually very disappointing from a plot standpoint. You can pull in all the metaphors in the world, but the characters all behave so improbably that it's jarring. It's disappointing because the movie had the ingredients to be really good.
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

Main Tech Guy, PC guider
    Array

Hidden Content:

1. He is on Earth, seeding life
    2. It is evolving simple organic life in fast forward, but breaks apart high evolved organisms
    3. Probably something about the secret of immortality or if can help to save weyland

I just realized something scary... i have more posts than RC
    sigline

Main Tech Guy, PC guider
    Array

Hidden Content:
    This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life.

thats what David says
    sigline