The Professional
    Array

Default MW3 is shit

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...dern-warfare-3

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html

Called it.

Not that it was hard to see it coming

It's basically a map pack for MW2:

The best part is that that engine is still just a heavily modified Quake 3 engine. At this point modified so much as to be almost unrecognizable, but there's still legacy code in there. A testament to how good John Carmack used to be before he decided building rockets was more fun than building video games.

Professional reviewers are giving it high scores, gamers are giving it low scores. The high scores are due in no small part to bribes and threats to cut funding. No joke. This sort of back room bullshit has been documented in the gaming industry for several years. This is why we don't trust review sites, folks. Giantbomb.com being an exception.
    Last edited by Golgo 13; 11-16-2011 at 04:48 AM.
    sigline

As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good'

NORM LIFE, BABY
    Array

Default Re: MW3 is shit

Review sites? Uhh, lol? I thought "(p)reviewing" a game is what Gamefly and Gamestop and all the other stuffs were for...

I'm not even a "real" gamer and I know that.
    sigline
    Quote Quote
    ...And the important thing to remember is that this simulation is a good one. It's believable, it's tactile; you can reach out and things are solid, you can move objects from one area to another. You can feel your body: you can say, "I'd like to go over to this location" and you can move this mass of molecules through the air over to another location, at will... That's something you live inside of everyday.

BF Member
    Array

real gamerz
    sigline

ʎǝuoods-ʎǝɟıuʞ
    Array

I think this franchise is having the same problems that the Assassin's Creed franchise is. They are becoming annual releases and the only time annual releases work well is sports games, and even then it takes years for real progress. The reason that Modern Warfare was soo good was that it came out of no where and they had an uncharacteristically long amount of time to work on it (for Activision at least) even when Treyarch and Infinity Ward were both working on games at least it gave them 2 years each to work on the games, now Treyarch is just killing themselves to push out product.
    sigline
    I Stay... I lurk

NORM LIFE, BABY
    Array

Not everybody can be cool like Blizz, I guess.
    sigline
    Quote Quote
    ...And the important thing to remember is that this simulation is a good one. It's believable, it's tactile; you can reach out and things are solid, you can move objects from one area to another. You can feel your body: you can say, "I'd like to go over to this location" and you can move this mass of molecules through the air over to another location, at will... That's something you live inside of everyday.

Moogly Administrator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Quixote View Post
    Not everybody can be cool like Blizz, I guess.
    haven't you heard yet? Blizzard is really Activision now and everything they do sucks.

Ha Ha!
    Array

hah. Blizzard and Bioware are the exceptions. I'm sure they are almost totally immune to executive meddling, rage about the D3 marketplace aside.
    sigline
    There's nay'ry an animal that can outrun a greased Scotsman!

Moogly Administrator
    Array

I'd argue valve is pretty damn good too

Forum Elder
    Array

ugh

bashing EA is so '08
    sigline
    hhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!

NORM LIFE, BABY
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    haven't you heard yet? Blizzard is really Activision now and everything they do sucks.
    No I haven't heard that, but I have heard that SC2 is a clone of some MUSH that I'd also never heard of.
    sigline
    Quote Quote

The Professional
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I'd argue valve is pretty damn good too
    I find it hilarious that just a few years ago we were hearing about the death throes of PC gaming whilst Valve has been sitting in the back the entire time, printing money, virtually unchallenged.
    sigline

As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good'

ʎǝuoods-ʎǝɟıuʞ
    Array

I guess that's what happens when you make a stellar gaming engine and then develop a plethora of games that span a ton of different FPS genre's, oh and create a few while you're at it.
    sigline
    I Stay... I lurk

Forum Elder
    Array

for real

ID and the Unreal Engine have spawned at least more then half of the blockbusting FPS for the past decade..
    sigline
    hhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!

BF Member
    Array

I was able to hack the code and carry over my MW2 stats to MW3. You have to have a boot loader and hex editor if you want to do this. PM me and I can give you directions. I don't want to post on the open forums since this might be somewhat illegal. Oh, and you can only play locally after you do this, otherwise you'll get banned from the online play.
    sigline
    The REVOLUTION will not be televised.

Main Tech Guy, PC guider
    Array

Who even bothered buying that shit? MW3 as far as I heard should be a half priced addon to MW2 not a stand alone game but hey fuckers will buy it anyway.
    Also Blizzard is no longer just making money they are greedy as fuck. HotS plot is already called shit and the ending is cliche as fucking hell! D3 is no longer on my list of things to buy! Blizzard has not made a good game since Diablo 2 nuff said.
    sigline