Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US. vs. Slovenia Hello, Ripoff

Pizza
    Array

Default Re: US. vs. Slovenia Hello, Ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Why not have more ref's? Why not have a rule for replays on goals? Goals both dont happen often enough and there is a reset period after them anyway so they should be able to spend a minute or two reviewing during this period.

I dont mind replays not being around for the rest of the game, even if it can have some kind of an effect.. but a goal not counting in a sport where goals are naturally not a frequent occurrence is a pretty huge issue.
    even if they had replays the problem in this case was that the whistle was blown before the goal. if the ref blows a dead ball you cant really expect anything that happens after to stand in a review, same with football or basketball.
    sigline

Not bragging or anything, but if we were living 1000 years ago,
    id be the most successful merchant/trader in the village. ~Ace

Child of the Sun
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    The referee wasn't fair, but instant replays would just slow the game down. They're totally against the spirit of soccer, which is being uncomplicated.
    Maybe it's just me, but I much prefer games in which the spirit is "accurate and fair" over "uncomplicated and halfassed". Any time you have a system so fucked that outcomes are being decided by bad calls, the rules could use work. Not to mention that this is a once-every-four-years-worldwide-megatournament, I think we could go ahead and suffer a little complication to see that people pouring their lives into this game are properly rewarded. I highly doubt anyone cheated in such a manner would feel enriched in any way. Why are the older sports are so goddamned stubborn about modernizing.
    Quote Quote
    Referee mistakes are part of the game. Don't rely on the referee's decision to win the game, just play to win. If the referee was totally biased, then it's a shame that he's in the world cup.
    First, that particular referee is no longer in the World Cup after that debacle of gamecalling. Second, saying "don't rely on the referee's decision to win", in reference to a goal being taken for no reason you have put zero thought into what you're saying. If the referee's decision can take away goals, then obviously you rely upon the referee's decision to win. You might as well say "don't rely on the Internet to send all your emails".

Frankly, you, like many others, are just running down a laundry-list of thought-terminating cliches trying to protect an obviously antiquated and inadequate system. I wish you think for a second and imagine a better game with video review, instead of just mindlessly repeating brainwashed bullshit about "uncomplicated" world wide 32 country football games.
    sigline
    I yielded, and unlocked her all my heart, who with a grain of manhood well resolved might easily have shook off all her snares: But foul effeminancy held me yoked, her bond-slave. O indignity, O blot to honor and religion! Servile mind rewarded well with servile punishment!

Nixon in '72!
    Array

The only sport I don't think should have instant replay is baseball. Just because a baseball game with instant replay would truly take fucking forever.
    sigline
    Why change Dicks in the middle of a screw? Vote Nixon in '72!

WINNING WITH TIGERBLOOD
    Array

this stuff happens in the world cup. It always has, it always will, you can get mad as hell about it when it happens to you but you just kinda have to accept it. It's part of the history and culture of the game. Personally i bet fifa is thrilled when this stuff happens, as long as its only once, twice at the most per cup. Generates controversy and interest and money. It just hasnt to the usa before, and the us media particularly espn are giving the world cup a deliberate amount of massive exposure to try to get the us more interested in soccer, so you have to expect the outrage to be magnified too.
    the ref was awful as well in the first half, he was less strict, the us played with bad position much of the time and slovenia capitalized. Second half, ref tightened it up and the us got on their game. And then he made his inexplicable call disallowing the goal.
    fifa has already given him a poor revie, guarantee this is his last world cup.
    sigline
    PLAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU