Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Delayed for Europe to March

Lord of Legacy
    Array

Default PS3 Delayed for Europe to March

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060906/...ny_playstation

It is what it says. They're delaying the Euro launch to ensure they can hit the November launch for North America. Sorry TT.
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

Not even close
    Array

Good thing I care... not :p

Guess we have once again another reason not to buy the PS3.
    sigline

Somewhere and nowhere.

Lord of Legacy
    Array

Yeah, I'd be just as happy if the console failed miserably. Then I'd be assured to get all the good games I want on the 360 (and possibly the Wii, whose price is looking too good to pass up once I find a game I want on it).
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

boston red sox
    Array

Can't blame them for wanting to hit North America for Christmas, but I would think a company like Sony would have planned ahead enough to be able to release in prime-time worldwide.

Not like it's going to make a huge difference. I don't expect a whole lot of success out of PS3; Xbox360 has the time advantage, and that is the biggest reason why the PS2 was successful in my opinion.

Nerd Life
    Array

I agree with sfinx, just get a psp and a kick ass PC with SLI graphics
    sigline

BLIZZFORUMS VETERAN

Death Metal Fascist
    Array

Well that certainly is bad news for Sony. But honestly who would really care if Sony failed anyways? Not me. Unfortunately it won't fail. Sony has too many fans that will make this console sell out in minutes. But they sure are shooting themselves in the foot.

Also it shows Europeans what they really think of them and their importance in the gaming world.

BF Member
    Array

Makes you wonder if Ken Kutaragi gets to keep his job or has to ally with the axis.

In any case, it is certain that It's Ridge Racer. RIIIDGE RACERRR!!!!
    sigline
    Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country.- Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)

Forum Elder
    Array

Wii!!!!!

SSB:B on broadband...
    sigline

Lord of Legacy
    Array

It's a problem with producing the overly expensive and supposedly unimpressive BluRay laser.

Sony's real problem tho is the steady flow of exclusive titles that they are losing due to questions of weakness. The best thing they can do is get that console on shelves to show producers it will sell. Otherwise companies will keep going multiplatform to make sure they don't get screwed tieing their fate to the PS3.
    sigline

Redcloak
    BlizzForums Owner

世界の王
    Array

Meh, its not like I planned on buying the PS3 when it first came out. I'd perfer to wait a year for prices to drop, and more so to see which of the 3 consoles turns out to be the best.
    sigline

Fuck Yo Couch Nigga!
    Array

Yea, funny thing is that a lot of people said the same shit about the PSP, but it did pretty well, the only draw for it though is they have no games worth playing. I believe Sony probably will do ok in sells, but you also have to realize is that every time they delay the release of the console their losing out of a shit load of money, so Sony's expectation is that the PS3 will do well simple fact off of fan base and the price will in some way compensate in the money they lost from delays.
    sigline
    I try not to speak in the ways of lies or the ways of truth, but I try to speak in the ways of a sword. Sharp and cunning are my wrods, swift and vigilant are my tounge. Board are the words for which I choose to speak, deep are my tones for which I utter."-BB

Death Metal Fascist
    Array

Man it seems Sony takes Americans for fools. Sadly most people who want this will buy it anyways.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158499.html

They won't lower the price here for the PS3, even though they did in Japan. If most Americans were smart (a long shot) then they would buy one from Japan considering the PS3 games are region free.

Forum Elder
    Array

Default Re: PS3 Delayed for Europe to March

So far, the only logical reason that any ps3 buyer has presented to me is that the bluray disc devices are going to be in the 1000's range for quite some time, so the ps3 is a natural choice.

Other than that, ive heard every other nutty excuse possible.
    sigline

Death Metal Fascist
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn View Post
    So far, the only logical reason that any ps3 buyer has presented to me is that the bluray disc devices are going to be in the 1000's range for quite some time, so the ps3 is a natural choice.

Other than that, ive heard every other nutty excuse possible.
    Yeah I can't see any other reason to buy one other than a cheap blu-ray. But that point is moot for me without an HD tv.

And sure you can point out all of the technology in the PS3 comes to a price >1000 but you can always by a high-end PC for the cost of a PS3.

Impossible Germany
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Maul View Post
    Sadly most people who want this will buy it anyways.
    Why is that sad?

Why will it be a bad thing if the PS3 does well?

Who cares? Gamers should be about games. Understandably, they enjoy the console wars, but holding what looks like personal vendettas against companies is just silly. They're just companies. If you convince yourself that your favorite company's spokesperson/CEO is somehow less full of shit than those of other companies, you're just fooling yourself.
    sigline

"The world cannot be made simple. Anyone who tries to paint a picture of the world in basic comic book colors is most likely trying to use you as a pawn. "
    - David Wong