Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: The Manga/Anime Thread~

Forum Elder
    Array

Default Re: The Manga/Anime Thread~

Mirai Nikki, Im guessing Yuno or Deus will explain everything on the next episode.. the 24th being the epilogue..

Im so glad Fate/Zero comes back in two weeks, all the series ive been watching are over : /, nisemonogatari ended (kind of abruptly), black rock shooter was nice, better than the ova and kill me baby ends next week.. its been a good season overall..
    sigline
    hhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!!!

The Professional
    Array

I'm guessing since she knows only 1 person can survive, Yuno's plan is to get knocked up by Yuki so she can win the game and still have a piece of Yuki to obsess over in the form of his child.

Recently watched this OVA called Mardock Scramble which was pretty trippy. There's 3 parts to it and the other 2 aren't out yet, so it ends on a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Golgo 13; 04-02-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    sigline

As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good'

Forum Elder
    Array

Robotic;Notes PV, looks like it'll be fun but I wonder if it'll be just as good as S;G or as bland as chaos;head...

also

my body is ready for the awesomeness
    Last edited by DemonLORD; 04-03-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    sigline

Forum Elder
    Array

My body wasnt ready for this season

I finished watching YuruYuri which is basically K-On without the kick ass music and more lesbians and comedy, its amazingly good and theres a new season coming on june-july so its pure win..watch it if you like lesbians and moe lulz

Kore Wa Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD, same as last season.. A zombie high school boy that can transform into a Magical Girl has to defend his school and his anus from being destroyed by a gay giant octopus..thats the first episode

Sankarea, this is the plot
    Hidden Content:
    Quote Quote
    The protagonist, Chihiro Furuya, is a male highschool student with a keen interest in zombies, collecting zombie-related videogames, film and manga, and even to the point of desiring to "kiss a zombie girl". Following the death of his pet cat, Babu, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from a poisonous herb known as Hydrangea macrophylla, however this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies; however as a result of the potion, she returns as a zombie. Though she becomes undead, she chooses not to consume human flesh, and rather survives on eating the hydrangea herbs.

Apparently someone that worked on Shaft is animating this so it does have a similar style to Zetsubo Sensei and Monogatari so its all good, first episode was great fun, very dynamic and interesting..

Another great comedy is "Uchū Kyōdai (Space Brothers)", the story of two brothers who witness a UFO one night and decide to make a promise that they will become astronauts, the younger wants to go to the moon and the older one decides to up it and say hes going to go to mars... Years later the little brother is an astronaut and is going to go to the moon while the older brother is a mechanical designer (or something..) who lost his job for headbutting his supervisor a la zidane..

sigline

The Professional
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by DemonLORD View Post
    Kore Wa Zombie desu ka?
    sigline

As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good'

Forum Elder
    Array

lawl, but not as lawly as the series itself

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...wd1fo1_400.gif

That gif looks awfully familiar but I cant remember from where it is, does anybody know the name of the series?
    sigline

The Professional
    Array

Looks like Mezzo Forte.
    sigline

Moogly Administrator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thanks, running out of stuff to watch so I'll queue it up <3
    So bakemonogatari, yeah. What the fuck. liking it so far, but still wtf. EDIT: Ok it's not that I like it, I'm just interested to see where the story goes. However the animation is really annoying sometimes. For some reason it screams "pretentious" to me, if that makes any sense. The amount of time we spend staring a character's eyeball or their shadows or the randomly inserted real life sequences (seriously how long did I stare at that cellphone?) is getting kind of old. The rest of the time, though, the animation and everyhting is really quite awesome.

I couldn't watch season two of the melancholy of haruhi, a friend has been on me to watch it for ages and I barely got through the first season (props to the interesting order of episodes) I just couldn't stand it.

i watched wagnaria recently (working!! I think?) which at first I thought I'd give up on, but dammit if I didn't laugh out loud to it. ended up watching all of it too

let's see, I watched tegami bach as well, enjoyed it for the most part, watched the current last episode of Bleach (meh).

Has anyone else been watching Sket Dance? I've heard some folks refer to it as Gintama with kids, but speaking as someone who couldn't stand Gintama I don't know how well that comparison works.

Oh! Also started watching Fate/Zero, but it seems to be one of those shows you should pay attention too so I've been saving it for later.

I seem to be running out of comedies to watch on crunchyroll and I've started seeking anime from other sources (see: baka), I'm also sort wishing I had another really long series to watch, I've been thinking about taking the plunge and watching One Piece as I never really watched the dub, and some people seem to swear it's good.

I've got Nise (baka's sequel) queued up, and after that I can't decide. I've been considering going back to watch some older stuff I've got (bepop, fma, trigun, etc...) but I really do love seeing new anime, I'll watch almost anything that isn't boring mindfucks (Serial Lain comes to mind, I get the premise, but shit was that boring to watch, gave up) or outright basically hentai (kanokon comes to mind lol)

also pretty sure Rie Kugimiya is in almost everything. and sometimes the character isn't a young tsundere (happy from fairy tail is a boy, and i think al from FMA?) but pretty sure that's a rarity >_>;;

speaking of fairy tail, I watched that too, fun show, different twist on stuff.

//ramble

Forum Elder
    Array

Thanks golgo! it was mezzo forte, I'll keep searching for it tomorrow, so far my typical sources are lacking (cant find 'kite' or mezzo forte..)

Quote Quote
    Ok it's not that I like it, I'm just interested to see where the story goes
    bake/nise is incredibly pretentious, the writing is awesome and the design is just equally incredible but it still strikes as pretentious, what I really love about it is that it uses the exact same techniques as other animes such as sudden changes in camera angles in the same scene and static characters but it makes them look amazing and I think thats why its pretentious, it takes pride in all these 'shortcuts' in animation that weekly animes tend to take, it makes them more obvious but prettier then your average anime, the effort is still better than in 'goodby mr despair' and I think its a billion times better (more subtle) in 'sankarea'

Nichijou, if you havent watched it Neo go watch it now, I will recommend it a million times to a million people even if they already saw it, greatest comedy in decades, not only is it fucking fun its also incredibly animated

Mirai Nikii's ending was awful, Im guessing the next project will be an adaptation of one of the manga spin offs and they'll somehow tie both storylines in the anime..
    sigline

Moogly Administrator
    Array

bake/nise is incredibly pretentious, the writing is awesome and the design is just equally incredible but it still strikes as pretentious, what I really love about it is that it uses the exact same techniques as other animes such as sudden changes in camera angles in the same scene and static characters but it makes them look amazing and I think thats why its pretentious, it takes pride in all these 'shortcuts' in animation that weekly animes tend to take, it makes them more obvious but prettier then your average anime, the effort is still better than in 'goodby mr despair' and I think its a billion times better (more subtle) in 'sankarea'
    I just finished part 1 of Tsubasa's cat (episode 11 I wanna say?), it is an awesome series, but sometimes hard to follow -- probably the first anime I've seen where they talk WAAAY too much though. Everytime the "continue" screen pops up in the middle of dialog I keep thinking "but I just started this episode!?"

Nichijou, if you havent watched it Neo go watch it now, I will recommend it a million times to a million people even if they already saw it, greatest comedy in decades, not only is it fucking fun its also incredibly animated

Mirai Nikii's ending was awful, Im guessing the next project will be an adaptation of one of the manga spin offs and they'll somehow tie both storylines in the anime..
    awesome, I'll add it to my list, thanks

Banned
    Array

My favourite manga and anime of all times is naruto ofcourse I have seen every episode od it and i think it it awesome ! Cant wait to see how it ends,though i dont want to end...

Moogly Administrator
    Array

bake/nise is incredibly pretentious
    alright I finished it. first off, I'll never look at a toothbrush the same way again, and secondly I was disappointed they "talked" to resolve problems. I was kind of hoping that someone would go all berserk or something, instead it seems like he just gets his ass kicked until the other person decides they wanna talk it out... lol.

Still find myself looking forward to a next installment, though who knows if that will actually happen.

I started watching One Piece, I decided to give it a chance, I can only figure after 500 whatever episodes and 600 some chapters, it can't suck that bad.

The Professional
    Array

Skip the fillers.
    sigline

Moogly Administrator
    Array

I don't actually mind fillers too much, unless they're dropped in the middle of a battle (see: bleach).

Forum Elder
    Array

BF I need your help urgently

I need to know the source of these gifs, Ive tried tineye and iqdb and Ive found nothing..

Hidden Content:

If I dont find an answer in BF then I may be forced to join an anime forum... Help me BF, youre my only hope..
    sigline