Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 11-04-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all
Default The Mar Sara Missions - Episode II

Emerging from the horrid wastes of the once-lively colony of Metros on Mar Sara, former Confederate operatives Quincy James and Frank Stone are pulled into a battle between forces far beyond their scope. Rescued by and pressed into the service of Kel-Morian mining captain James Norrington, Quincy and Stone are drawn into a battle against the Protoss forces of Judicator Jir'Tahl and his son Vira'Del on Char. By using captured Terran psi emitters laced with sacred Khaydarin crystal from Aiur, the two were able to control Zerg forces using their Templar and use those forces to attack the Terran colony of Korhal IV. After an epic battle over the skies of Korhal, the psi emitters were destroyed and Vira'Del's carrier Larifant is shot down by Norrington's battlecruiser Interceptor, leaving Jir'Tahl to flee in a rage, vowing revenge.

The battle has been won...

But the war has only just begun...
  • 9 more missions lie as an even greater challenge to the wayward Terrans.
  • Explore an all new world never before featured in Brood War!
  • Each species, even the Zerg, gains an all new Hero! Speed demons, assassins, and monstrosities lie in wait for you.
  • The web of mystery and deceit grows ever greater as a dark secret in Protoss history looms ahead, threatening the very ideals of the race itself and kept hidden by a secret sect of Templar for centuries...
  • As the adventures of the Mar Sara colonists, the Kel-Morian Combine and the Protoss fleet under Jir'Tahl continue, the true nature of the war grows cloudy. You'll fight, and with hope and luck, you'll win. But the question must be asked...just who are you fighting?

Attached Files
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-1.scx (468.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-2.scx (486.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-3.scx (91.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-4.scx (174.0 KB, 92 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-5.scx (142.1 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-06-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Drake Clawfang has 3,330 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-04-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm
 Drake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to allDrake Clawfang is a name known to all

CREATORíS NOTES

I wanted these maps up quickly due to the delay in finishing them. Thus, although I played each of them and made sure the triggers work, thorough testing was not done. but you guys know me and how often I'm on, so report any errors and they will be fixed asap.

Mission 2 has the AI start when you command 5 buildings. I highly recommend building a Command Center, Barracks, and two Supply Depos, then a dozen or more Marines. Then build three Bunkers at the same time. Approximately 1 minute after the AI starts you will be attacked by over a dozen Zerglings from both forces, and if you are not prepared, you will be crushed.

Mission 5 has triggers set in place to prevent Air units and flying buildings from going too far north or east. This is because you are meant to use the forces provided, not your own forces, to attack the northern bases. Thus, until the final northern base is destroyed, any air unit leaving your home baseís perimeter will be sent back to base. Once the final northern base is destroyed, your forces may explore the map at your leisure

Mission 8 contains doodads placed in SCM Draft and will not open properly with StarEdit.

UPDATE HISTORY

November 5 - minor script changes to Mission 8. Removed a left-over testing unit in Mission 9.

Attached Files
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-6.scx (185.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-7.scx (351.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-8.scx (276.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: scx Mar Sara 2-9.scx (90.9 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-05-2007 at 10:39 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Ahh, yes. Excellent. Just played through mission 1, and I am very impressed. SPOLIER:The Larry Kidkill bit was brilliant! And the numerous other nods to other series was also nice. Just one question, is that biker guy who saw that wrecked BC based off of anyone? Anyway, great job. I'll let yah know what I think of missions 2 and beyond tomorrow.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Well, I'm sure you can figure it out easily . The name is an obvious parody, but his personality, not really. Did you find the hidden cameo by chance?

Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-05-2007 at 11:41 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

Brazil Phalanx
Veteran of SC
 Phalanx is a model citizenPhalanx is a model citizenPhalanx is a model citizenPhalanx is a model citizenPhalanx is a model citizenPhalanx is a model citizen

Real good story and terraining. I can't wait to see Episode III

"The price of freedom is the eternal vigilance" - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander

"I know the hour of victory is upon us, but the question is: How shall we be remembered in the end? As warriors? As templar? As destroyers? Or as the ones who fought to ensure the survival of our species?" - Prelate Thurion, State of War.

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
Well, I'm sure you can figure it out easily . The name is an obvious parody, but his personality, not really. Did you find the hidden cameo by chance?
Heh, yes I did. As for the biker, my guess is Captain Falcon, from F-Zero/SSBM?

Anyway, just one question, did you add triggers for all of your locations in mission 1, as when I checked the map(after playing the mission) I noticed a few areas where there was a location, but no trigger to go along with it. But meh, onward to mission 2!

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UED Special Ops View Post
Heh, yes I did. As for the biker, my guess is Captain Falcon, from F-Zero/SSBM?

Anyway, just one question, did you add triggers for all of your locations in mission 1, as when I checked the map(after playing the mission) I noticed a few areas where there was a location, but no trigger to go along with it. But meh, onward to mission 2!
Actually, that's another good idea. But actually, the name came from Tony Hawk. But CF was a very good guess!

Yes, originally there were a handful of other triggers. Nothing important, just people saying random stuff, like how the statue is dedicated to Impact.

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

BF Vet

Ahh, I see. Anyway, playing mission 2 right now, and those Zerg are nasty. Did you have to set em to insaine? Tried to strike at em early with some medics and rines(before the 5th building was up) but those blasted sunkens up north were too much. Oh well...

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Well, a common complaint for Episode I was that it was too easy. Not a problem now huh?

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

BF Vet

Heh, no, no problem at all. Finally beat mission 2. Great job, btw.

pm.gif   

Old 11-05-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Anyone else have feedback thus far?

pm.gif   

Old 11-06-2007

BF Vet

Ugh, I tried mission 2 again without cheating and taking out the upper Zerg base before building the 5th building, and found it almost impossible. Within mere minutes my base was hit with those few dozen lings, and then just a few minutes later mass Hydras and Mutas were at my door. After barley fighting em off, I was swarmed on all sides by mass Guards(at least 10+) backed up with more Hydras and mutas. That is when I cheated and just made my units invincible. Really, I do not see how this mission is possible without cheating/taking out a chunk of the Zerg before your 5th building. Ugh, the Zerg difficultly should be lowered a tad, I like hard missions, but this is insane.

Anyway, mission 3 is next, and hopefully it will be easier then 2.

pm.gif   

Old 11-06-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Ugh, I tried mission 2 again without cheating and taking out the upper Zerg base before building the 5th building, and found it almost impossible. Within mere minutes my base was hit with those few dozen lings, and then just a few minutes later mass Hydras and Mutas were at my door. After barley fighting em off, I was swarmed on all sides by mass Guards(at least 10+) backed up with more Hydras and mutas. That is when I cheated and just made my units invincible. Really, I do not see how this mission is possible without cheating/taking out a chunk of the Zerg before your 5th building. Ugh, the Zerg difficultly should be lowered a tad, I like hard missions, but this is insane.

Anyway, mission 3 is next, and hopefully it will be easier then 2.
Don't worry, it is. Mission 5 is a bitch though.

And you haven't seen difficulty until you've played Mission 9....

pm.gif   

Old 11-06-2007

BF Vet

Ugh, do not mention mission 5. Playtesting it was insaine. Darn Toss...
Anyway, any other advice for mission 2, cause it just doesn't seem possible to survive for very long once the Zerg begin their attacks. Your base area is so small and those Guards just swarm from all sides...

pm.gif   

Old 11-06-2007

Canada Drake Clawfang
Guardian of Helm

Quote:
Ugh, do not mention mission 5. Playtesting it was insaine. Darn Toss...
Anyway, any other advice for mission 2, cause it just doesn't seem possible to survive for very long once the Zerg begin their attacks. Your base area is so small and those Guards just swarm from all sides...
Perhaps if I disabled the Guardians?

Also, remember you just have to bring Tony to the BC. Perhaps a mad dash?

pm.gif