View Single Post

Old 01-23-2009

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

I would preface what I say with the statement that I am not against euthanasia in dire situations where an individual is unable live an intuitive "good life" due to excess pain, or being unable to think, or being incapacitated permanently.

So in the cases you presented, if there is no way to save the child from endless agony or if it is brain dead, I could not object if the parents wanted an abortion. In fact, I would reservedly encourage the action.

But there is difference between a tragic scenario (rare) and a normal one where the child would be born healthy and not represent an overwhelming threat to the mothers life. Regardless whether it is an embryo or a fetus, that life should not be ended by a capricious decision.

Last edited by WindowlessHouse; 01-23-2009 at 05:08 PM.
WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse