View Single Post

Old 01-20-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

No sir, we are discussing embryonic stem cells. We are not discussing the use of fetal stem cells. You posited that there was no ostensible difference between the two words, except for an "arbitrary point". Your halfassed hasty generalizations that you use to misrepresent your position are not my problem, they are yours. It is not a "straw man", when I point out there is a non-arbitrary, meaningful difference between an embryo and a fetus in the context of this discussion and for scientific purposes. If you wish to conflate the two on the basis of a weak implicit premise, again, that is not my responsibility to infer from your writing tone.

You seem to understand this well enough to dedicate an entire paragraph in explanation. Your problem is that this paragraph should have been included in your first post and not as a rejoinder to someone else's objection to your omissions. Adding in a straw man solely for garnish in your rebuttal is a rather weak attempt for redirecting responsibility for your failed ethymeme. If you wish to discuss the issue of life and its quality, that certainly is a reasonable diversion--but if you're going to post a news link about a fetus, don't whine when someone slams you for your lame halfassing.

As to your consequent thought killer label of my position that I am an "extremist", I can only sigh. Do you really wish to simply sit there and label those that don't agree with you and expect that to substitute an effective case for your belief? I will wait until I am convinced you have any function for debate whatsoever before I waste large chunks of my time in improving the quality of this discussion.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif