View Single Post

Old 11-27-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Still though visitor -- that's really really dumbing the game down. You should just call the stats "universal stats, place anywhere" then. Some of the best strats for certain classes came out of builds like the Amazon Glass Cannon where you'd dunk literally 500 points into Dex for major damage, but tiny amounts of life.

Or ditto for a high energy sorceress that relied on Mana Shield.

Or a "titan barbarian" for massive strength, etc...

Just because the general build of a character's stats were str/dex to reqs, rest to vit, none in energy didn't mean that was the only or the best way to do it. For some vita wasn't as important (charms) so in that case they'd get more dex instead of blocking, or even more str, or whatever they wanted.

Like I understand you wouldn't want people to suffer for making mistakes, but that's just how games are sometimes. If you dump all your points into Energy with a barbarian then you should do that -- learn why it's not a good idea. I don't want to sound like one of those elite-player pricks, but I don't think the game should be made too easy. One of the major things surrounding characters was how to build them, stat and skill wise. With the way D3 is sounding it's like they're moving away from both almost, even to the point of these random rune drops that augment skills in various ways >_<!

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo