View Single Post

Old 01-10-2009

United States Blackspynx
Lost in eternal slumber
 Blackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of winBlackspynx is made of win

I read it awhile back and it didn't disturb me. Perhaps he exaggerated, perhaps he didn't. What I took from the story isn't that he's a great man for having overcome the abuse of his mother, rather that it is possible to be a normal, functional, and successful member of society after recovering from things like that. He isn't wallowing in the terrible childhood he experienced, he's utilizing it and being productive.

The book shouldn't be banned, but parents should be informed of the content and the decision put in their hands. It's an intense book for a ten year-old, that is all.

Blackspynx has 513 Posts

“It is respectable to have no illusions – and safe – and profitable – and dull.”
- J. Conrad

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Blackspynx Send a message via Yahoo to Blackspynx