View Single Post

Old 12-28-2008

Canada Kaizen
Promethean Male
 Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...Kaizen must really think internet = serious business...

The concept of repression is not a choice. It is the natural human function of dealing with undesirable knowledge.

I completely disagree that you can somehow "accept" the pain and engulf yourself in suffering and that somehow is beneficial. I can't even being to try and understand how this is even possible.

I know its possible to alter your perception in regards to your knowledge and the agreements you make with yourself given that knowledge, but I've never been one to get behind this "Power of Now" style of dealing with your life where you simply pretend you can just choose to stop suffering. Eckart Tolle describes in the Power of Now when his ego exhausted itself after being overwhelmed by endless suffering. I think that sort of thing is possible, but that was mechanics, not choice.

Kaizen has 1,469 Posts

"Liberty, or Freedome, signifieth (properly) the absence of opposition; (by Opposition, I mean externall Impediments of motion) and may be applied no lesse to Irrationall, and Inanimate creatures, that to Rationall.

And according to this proper, and generally received meaning of the word, a free man, is he, that in those things, which by his strength and wit he is able to do, is not hindered to doe what he has a will to."

- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan.

So close... Yet so far.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Kaizen