View Single Post

Old 12-28-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
Everyone thinks they can lose something these days.
Only these days?

We must build a time machine and go back to the past to steal the secrets of our wise ancestors, who never lost anything!

Quote:
They think they can lose people: the people who raise them, the people who are kind to them, the people who love them. But they can’t lose these people because they arn't theirs to lose. We speak of others as if we own them. “Oh yeah, she’s my girlfriend” or “that guy? That guy’s my friend” and “her? She’s my mom”. But we’re wrong to call them that. Because we don’t possess people, and so we cannot lose them.
Unfortunately for your argument though human beings do build emotionally symbiotic relationships with other human beings and they do in fact possess these relationships, and lose them if they stop interacting with that person.

You are playing a stupid game of semantics.

Quote:
But people arn't just afraid of losing other people, they're afraid of losing life itself. They believe that they have life, and that they have to hold on to it for as long as they can. They don't want to lose their life, they dont want to die. The problem is, people do not possess life, people are life.
So life is a state of being rather than a possession of some independent entity, aka the soul I guess. Well I hate to say it, but there's absolutely no difference. We wish to remain in the state of being known as "life" for as long as possible, we want to keep our lives as long as possible, there's no difference. So, you're wrong.

Quote:
People, along with everything else, is life. How can people lose what they are? Its illogical. Its absurd.
People can't lose what they are, and what they are is life.

Why am I not rubbing shoulders with Caesar and Charles the Hammer and Henry V then? How could those people not be living anymore? What they are is life, after all, and you can't lose what you are.

But for some reason outside your mental horizon, they remain stubbornly dead.

Quote:
People believe in the absurd and so they suffer. That’s what causes suffering in life, havn’t they realized this? Ignorance is what causes suffering. If people knew the truth, they would not suffer.
Ignorance is what causes suffering? How interesting. Here I thought it was external or mental stimuli that are not conducive to an efficient running of the human body and mind were what caused suffering. Now I learn it's ignorance. Silly me, things like a lack of food, shelter, companionship, or injury, they don't cause suffering. Ignorance does!

Quote:
The truth is this: perfection is. Whatever happens, whatever is experienced, wherever we go, we find perfection. That truth is right in front of us. Its so close, we often miss it. We're too busying looking for something else to notice that its staring us right in the face.
This is sheer nonsense and dead-set against human nature. It is a waste of the wonderful ability to reason we have been given, whether it be by God, nature, what-have-you. The human mind cannot do anything but strive to increase comfort and pleasure and decrease discomfort and pain.

Even you Buddhists do this. The Eightfold Path is nothing more than a method used by Buddhists for those purposes. I suspect if we ran your ramblings by a real Buddhist monk, he would be appalled at the arrogance and shallowness of them.

Quote:
So we don't have to be afraid anymore. There isn't all that much to argue or disagree about. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to insult one another. We don't have to feel angry or alone. We stopped looking and we found perfection. Thats enough for us.
You are beyond the hope of turning into an intelligent human being.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif