View Single Post

Old 02-14-2009

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win
Default Re: Chinese Goverment rules that StarCraft: Ghost promotes "Feudal Superstition"

China once banned bibles for similar reasons. (Too much crime, magic, etc in them.)

However, I think people are overreacting over China's overreaction. China is only banning the name, Blizzard can rename it there. (It's stupid to force a name change, but it's not a huge deal. Blizzard can use whatever word they used for "ghost" there, or whatever that invisible unit in Warcraft III was named. I haven't heard about WC III being banned in China.)

Blizzard wanted to name an esports brand "StarCraft: Ghost"; while Ghost has probably been canned, esports haven't been.

Blizzard could be remaking Ghost. I find this hard to believe, since the novel is coming out at the end of the year, but it is a slight possibility.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif