Thread: Class Drama
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I've been getting rolled by really good locks lately, I don't know if anything's changed but some of them seem to be really difficult to catch off guard. Generally though when one tries to fear it's like a free kill... if only berserk was useful for more then just warlocks lol.
Heh. You seem to make a weird distinction here. But anyway, the key with Warlocks is preparation. I can't really think of a class that I'll lose to if I'm prepared. We have a directed Mage Blink now, which is tremendously useful if set up properly. The Healthstones are a HUGE PvP boon especially for Destruction Warlocks (because they crit). Death Coil and Fear are great for situational stuff. Lots of times it's just a matter of waiting out someone's Immunity mechanic then fucking them HARD with it. It's a common newb mistake for people to just blow it as soon as they get in range and start trying to kill something. You just run away from your Blink portal, then Blink and run the opposite way and they lose precious seconds reorienting and catching up. As soon as their Berzerk drops, Death Coil, Fear, DESTROY.

Usually in arenas, the first thing I do is scope the team and pull out the proper pet. Hunters and Melee, Voidwalker. Spell, Fel Hunter. This is usually pretty easy, because I have HP bars always-on, and by hovering over the bar I can see the classes, etc. Dumbasses still try to pillar hide thinking that we don't know what they are or something, and it just gives me more time to whip out the appropriate pet. A Voidwalker Sacrifice is around 10k HP melee damage absorbed, talented.

10K HP healthstone crit, 10k HP sacrifice buff, 20% damage done eaten by pet, lifegain from damage done, Death Coil...it adds up. If I do it right and don't make mistakes (or get CC'd / stunned at bad times), it could end up taking 40k+ damage done to kill me.

I really appreciate how Warlocks have changed. They're not one-button mashers anymore, but they're still very powerful. Despite what some people believe. :P

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif