BlizzForums

BlizzForums (http://www.blizzforums.com/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.blizzforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alpho... I mean, Equiliari is drawing again (http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=701)

Equiliari 07-10-2006 04:15 PM

Alpho... I mean, Equiliari is drawing again

1 Attachment(s)
Phew, tough habbit to get out from, you know, typing AlphonseCapone instead of Equiliari. Well well.
I totally forgot which one was the latest piece I smashed out here, so Ill just start with the latest one that I feel I can share to the public.

Fo those who like technical blabber, read!... For those who don't, scroll!

Tachiodomo Planetary Defence System
------------------------------------
Constructed: 2592
Size: 2,8 kilometers
Weight: ...A lot O_o
Description:
For many, the initial plans for the Tachiodomo given by the UTA in 2587 was pure madness. The sheer size and power of the cannon itself was far to large for anyone to see the economic reasons and general safety for the project. Already many smaller projects for defending earth from meteors and asteroids had been successully tested. But the vote for the construction of the cannon was won, 126 against 124.
The construction started shortly after the vote in late 2591. And was completed early in 2592. And aditional 3 was built at key positions around 'The Ring'.

The Tachiodomo uses massive ammounts of electric energy to alter the basics of the atoms in a hydrogen pool located inside the command section of the cannon, thus creating one super heavy hydrogen atom. The general weight of the atom varies, however it has as a minimum a complete set of 5000 electron walls, meaning it carries at a minimum over 39.994 electrons. The atom is then considered an ion. As the system heats up the atom is held in place by two powerful lasers, who also heat it up before the final blast is initiated. When that happens the lasers who hold the atom in place is supercharged, thus heating the atom so much, the electrons loose their place, and splitting them up, releasing the superstrings. At this moment there is pretty much no way back, the cannon is fired to whatever target in its way. A big pulse of hydrogen gas is sent through the lasers holding the atom in place, heating it up to plasma. And finally the jet located within the cannon itself sends an energy blast towards the now ruined hydrogen ion, and a ball of a seemingl nver ending explotion is released into space towards its destination.
When it is close enough, the cannon fires one last laser towards the ball, and what follows could only be described as a dance of colors. The outcome is one out of 3, all depending on the ammount of electrons present in the ion at the start.
1: The target is hit, changing orbit
2: The target is smashd into tiny little pieces
3: The target is evaporated into even smaller, sub atomic, pieces.

In theory the whole idea behind the cannon is a complete statement of power. Even if it is not designed to attack ships, it is fully capable of doing so. However its main targets are up to date only been meteors and asteroids dragged towards earth to test it out.

Other numbers and info
The cannon houses 4 smaller cannons purelly for self defence agians attack ships. This is if the smaller offensive PDS fail to hold an attacker away.
It also holds a space dock for smaller sized ships, mainly crew transportation.
Its crew number is 220. With one high ranked member of the UTA to be present with the launch codes should the cannon be fired.
The cannon is mounted on large tracks which enables it to turn around the whole model 360 degrees. Also the cannon itself is able to turn 360 degrees.
Each of the 4 cannons have been given half of earth's space to protect. Meaning 2 cannons are always able to fire at the same target. At times, 3 or all 4 are able to fire.

Thumbnail *points down*

warhog 07-10-2006 08:17 PM

I hear that, I'm still not used to using the '4ever' I've used since I joined LHQ way back when.

However, I do have a pitch for you: Do you have anything new to submit to fan-art at SC:L?

Anti Hero 07-11-2006 02:53 AM

Very nice picture. I liked looking at the stuff you had at the old fourm.

Bob 07-14-2006 09:50 AM

You already know my thoughts of it.

Equiliari 08-18-2006 11:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by warhogHowever
I do have a pitch for you: Do you have anything new to submit to fan-art at SC:L?

No new StarCraft Art... yet. I am not sure if I am to attempt the Blizzard Art Contest. If I am, I will be making a StarCraft Drawing...
The part that bothers me however is this:

"THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), AUSTRALIA, FRANCE, GERMANY, THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA, NEW ZEALAND, SINGAPORE, AND THE UNITED KINGDOM"

...all in capital letters... not incuding my country. So... yeah...

Well at least I have the blizzforums art contest:
http://www.blizzforums.com/attachmen...9&d=1155914358
Just the corner of the image... but still, its underway... Lets hope I find some time to complete it...

Other than that I messed around in photoshop to create a logo some time ago. And the result is this:
http://www.blizzforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1155914936

Sfinx 08-18-2006 11:39 AM

Just... keep on doing what you're doing dude. It's too amazing to describe.

Why not try to participate in the Blizzard Art Contest, just for the sake of it. Maybe you won't get any prizes but at least they might mention you somewhere, who knows ^^

Bob 08-18-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfinx
Just... keep on doing what you're doing dude. It's too amazing to describe.

Why not try to participate in the Blizzard Art Contest, just for the sake of it. Maybe you won't get any prizes but at least they might mention you somewhere, who knows ^^

I think they already did. Don't worry I'll take your place in Blizzard Art Contest for you :P.

Ace 08-18-2006 02:55 PM

Oh god damn it if he enters the BAC everyone else is screwed.

Dude, you've got an incredible talent. Use it wisely!

Bob 08-18-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Oh god damn it if he enters the BAC everyone else is screwed.

Dude, you've got an incredible talent. Use it wisely!

I don't know, how the judges mark this year may not be suited towards his style he's gonna have to WOW me in such a way that it's unimaginable. I'm not talking about the 12 hour long WoW moments.

Equiliari 09-07-2006 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well... Since the deadline is over its a bit too ate to update my submission. FOr obvius reason it was not done... It lacked a few things. I just added them later today, and BAM!:
One more wing, a tail, and... thats about it... myeah...

Sfinx 09-07-2006 03:14 PM

Even without the wing and tail it blows me away man. Stop playing WoW and start drawing :p

Equiliari 10-05-2006 03:41 PM

Re: Alpho... I mean, Equiliari is drawing again

1 Attachment(s)
Tried a bit isometric stuff on paintbrush... gota love them isometric images...
Ooh.. its big!
http://www.blizzforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1160077253

Fallen_Upwards 10-06-2006 05:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
One of the outcroppings on that building is missing it's top left corner, I've highlighted what I mean in the attachment.

(Edit: there used to be the attachemnt picture here, but for whatever reason it won't display properly no matter what I do with the HTML codes. Just use the "note" attachment at the bottom of the post)

But that's a 5-second fix. The other thing of note is that the furthest right of those outcroppings has a light side facing us. It's not terrible, but that should be slightly shaded if (as it looks to be) it's sitting hidden be the other outcropping and the bulge at the corner.

Finally, those four pillars surrounding the peak, the tops of them look a little odd. If you'll look at the second attachement you'll see the three methods of doing it. There's the one on the left, which you did, the one in the middle, which is the same except with the outline dropped 1 pixel, and the one on the right, which I would suggest. That one drops only the 2x1 line (the line that goes 2 right for every 1 up) but it drops it two pixels.

http://www.blizzforums.com/attachmen...7&d=1160169024

Yeah, I do a fair chunk of sprite work so I kinda notice this crap. I don't think most people would. It's really a very good building, I'm just nitpicking.:p

SmoothWare 10-07-2006 01:41 PM

oh man, I can't believed i missed this thread.

Equiliari 10-09-2006 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen_Upwards (Post 74788)
Yeah, I do a fair chunk of sprite work so I kinda notice this crap. I don't think most people would. It's really a very good building, I'm just nitpicking.:p

Oh yeah, thanks :)
Wow, that I did not notice the first error there. Back to paintbrush!